Need Iron Help

kelwolf100
on 4/6/15 10:27 pm - Pequot Lakes, MN

I am 6.5 years RNY post op.  All has been well and my labs have been good..until now.  My iron saturation is at 10.  I have not done anything different and I was wondering if anyone had some ideas to correct this.  I would like to be able to fix this with diet if possible.  

Thanks...Kelly

purpledog
on 4/7/15 9:22 pm - seattle, Wa
On April 7, 2015 at 5:27 AM Pacific Time, kelwolf100 wrote:

I am 6.5 years RNY post op.  All has been well and my labs have been good..until now.  My iron saturation is at 10.  I have not done anything different and I was wondering if anyone had some ideas to correct this.  I would like to be able to fix this with diet if possible.  

Thanks...Kelly

Did you ever figure out what you are suppose to use. I'm in the same boat at the moment,

kelwolf100
on 4/16/15 1:53 am - Pequot Lakes, MN

I am still investigating...

josannee
on 4/16/15 1:00 am

I am 9 years RNY post op and my iron level dropped to 5 and I just completed 5 rounds of iron infusions.  Miserable.  So jump on this!!  I have started taking Hema-p'lex iron supplements but haven't had my labs done yet since the infusions.  I ate ice for years, Now it simply doesn't interest me at all.  Im sorry my post may not be helpful, but just want to encourage you to take this seriously.  The infusions are really not fun at all if they have a hard time getting a vein. The nurses in the infusion client say that they see a lot of post RNY surgery folks. I have heard good things about liguid iron from Whole Foods, just haven't tried it.

kelwolf100
on 4/16/15 1:52 am - Pequot Lakes, MN

Oh sorry you are having this trouble.  Any clue to why after all this time?  I had trouble with potassium early on,,, the infusions for that is not much fun either.... burns the whole time it goes it.  I am a little disappointed with my weight loss team... just called and said...iron is low... take some supplements and get a stool softener cause you are gonna need it.... ugh....

purpledog
on 4/16/15 3:04 pm - seattle, Wa

I was told by the RNY Nurse Practitioner that I probably need an infusion and should see a Hematologist. Unfortunately enough, the two primary care doctors I see didn't think being at 4 or 7 was a big deal. I guess we are suppose to feel ****ty the majority of our lives. Honestly, I think I would rather be re-connected. 

Most Active