In a diet slump - need ideas

HKT53
on 12/2/15 7:15 am - Toronto, Canada

I am 5 months out from revision to RNY. I am in a slump with my diet. I am OK in the morning for breakfast, then I cant seem to eat anything for the rest of the day. Whatever I eat and even drinking water, my mouth waters, I feel nausious. I have exhausted my repertoire of fish and chicken and egg dishes. By 10:00 in the evening, I just have to vomit anything still in my stomach. Even tea is not going down easily. I am lactose intolerant and most protein powders make me gag. No flavour crystals, will not stay down. Its like my pouch is sensitive to everything yet breakfasts are fine. Got any ideas...its been a weak now and I am not looking very healthy. Blood work only shows a little low on iron and vitamin D.

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

dehh_68
on 12/2/15 8:16 am

Hi, and sorry you are struggling.  I had a revision to rny about 9 years ago and had some ups and downs for quite awhile.  I have adopted the mantra, obey the pouch.  If breakfast-type foods work stick with those during is difficult phase.  Small amts throughout the day.  

Another thought, which I tried when I was struggling to get food in and to stay down, was unflavored protein.  I could use it in soups and soft, comfortable foods to boost the protein.  

Good luck!

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/2/15 11:49 am

Do you still have your GB? 

for me - first came nausea.. then pain.. once the pain came - my BG was taken out and I was able to eat more foods.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

logicalremedies
on 2/20/16 12:00 am - GA

Hi HKT53!  This is Logical Remedies.  I was scrolling through some posts and I came across yours.  It's about 2 months old but i just wanted to see how you were doing and if you've made any progress.  As for me,  I'm a Weight Loss Technician and Personal Awareness Motivator.  I've turned lives around just by teaching people how to think differently.  I do have a question for you...you said you're nauseous all the time and have difficulty eating.  Do you suffer from anxiety attacks, depression or any other condition that would lead to your condition?  Feel free to contact me anytime.  Have a glorious, logical day!!

Most Active