Meal planning help

DwayneP
on 4/14/17 8:31 am
VSG on 03/23/17

Does anyone out there have a good resource for meal planning? This part seems extremely difficult to me for some reason. I have all day Sundays to do prep, but I can't seem to really imagine up good ideas for my meals and snacks I should prepare. I think it may just be too many options and me worrying about waste. I should be getting an insta pot today and I just got an air fryer because I want to make some bulk proteins and air fry some veggies for snack.

Any help or suggestions would be welcome. :)

Thanks,
Dwayne

-Dwayne

Cathy H.
on 4/22/17 12:33 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Personally, I just Google low carb recipes and kind of look through them and save the ones that interest me. However, I did recently find a site that lets you create daily meal plans.

eatthismuch.com

The free option only lets you do one day (today), but you can "refresh" it as many times as you like and get lots of menus. They have links to the recipes and everything, and you can set your macros for the recommended menus plans. It's pretty cool and I've gotten some good ideas from it.

Hope this helps!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Knitter215
on 4/28/17 5:51 pm
VSG on 08/23/16

Pinterest is your friend. There are low carb ideas, insta-pot ideas, meal planning ideas. Get yourself an account and set up some boards, then you can start making lists.

I plan my proteins for the week over the weekend with how I'm going to prepare them for myself and my family. Then I'm not coming home at 6 trying to figure out what the heck to do with the pork chops.

For snacks, I tend to stick with the Sargento Balanced Bites (chesse and nuts, prepackaged), almonds, yogurt, raw veggies with hummus. Sometimes popcorn as a treat.

Best of luck!

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/17 9:48 am
On April 29, 2017 at 12:51 AM Pacific Time, Knitter215 wrote:

Pinterest is your friend. There are low carb ideas, insta-pot ideas, meal planning ideas. Get yourself an account and set up some boards, then you can start making lists.

I plan my proteins for the week over the weekend with how I'm going to prepare them for myself and my family. Then I'm not coming home at 6 trying to figure out what the heck to do with the pork chops.

For snacks, I tend to stick with the Sargento Balanced Bites (chesse and nuts, prepackaged), almonds, yogurt, raw veggies with hummus. Sometimes popcorn as a treat.

Best of luck!

I don't think he should go to the Pinterest for this ideas. Rather if he search well here he might get the best solution, isn't it?

Knitter215
on 5/17/17 9:59 am
VSG on 08/23/16

I found thousands of bariatric recipes on Pinterest. It took me to bariatric blogs I never saw mentioned here or elsewhere, gave me ideas of an entire day's menu or week long menus, as well as planning menus that would work for the rest of my family (husband and daughters 14 and 17 who are not bariatric patients) but still be edible by me and not make me feel left out.

I don't post recipes or meal ideas here. I pin them to my post-surgery board in Pinterest.

It was a tool which was very useful for me in my early days.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

bursonc
on 4/28/17 9:07 pm

check out "the world according to eggface" website / blog

maybe that will help with some ideas

YummyMummy1
on 5/23/17 9:56 am - Hawthorne, CA
Hi Dwayne.
I meal prep on Sundays but only make enough for 2 or 3 days. I'm very IFFY about having cooked food out there going bad.
Yes, there are too many chooses but you must stick to them. Look forward and to the outcome.

I'm mostly into Ground turkey with veggies, or chicken breast with marinara sauce all over the top.
I really try to make my LUNCH time the biggest meal of the day. Dinner I really, really try to stay away. I focus on the Gym and something very lite.

YummyMummy1

Most Active