Bucket List?

Phil M.
on 4/8/14 2:13 pm - Los Angeles, CA
VSG on 12/20/13

Eye of the Tiger

"I don't know, only God knows where the story ends for me, but I know where the story begins." - Mary J. Blige

M1: -32 M2: -19 M3: -18 M4: -16 M5: -10

AnneGG
on 4/8/14 1:49 pm, edited 4/8/14 2:01 pm

I'm so grateful for the opportunities I have had to be all over this country and Canada and the rest of the world, including living in France for awhile and going to Antarctica. I've been around six of the seven continents. I haven't been to Africa yet, but may be going this September. I just love traveling- it opens my eyes and stretches my mind. I love seeing how other people live and how they do things. The best thing it has taught me is to be so very appreciative of what we have in America, especially the freedom.

I've accomplished a lot of the things on my bucket list (I'm an old lady)- a great marriage (pretty good for 32 years of being together), family, friends, great work, great place to live, volunteer work, a beautiful puppy who will be a year old tomorrow - but I keep adding new things as I go along. I like to keep challenging myself.

Right now the main thing for me is appreciating who and what I have in my life and maintaining my health so I can keep playing as long I am able to.

But mostly- I love playing full out and having a blast! Very different than how I was right before surgery, that's for sure.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/14 2:14 pm
AnneGG
on 4/8/14 2:38 pm

It's going to be Ghana to do some volunteer work. A good friend of mine adopted a village there about ten years ago and has gotten them a school and a health clinic along with many other things- it's her passion. She just decided out of the blue that that was what she was going to do. She had never traveled anywhere, but just up and did it. I love her to pieces. We will be going with some other friends, there will probably be about six of us.

I don't think many people here have an experience of what profound poverty is. I used to work in inner city projects, and the people there are comparatively a lot better off than much of the rest of the world.

What has been so moving to me is how people who are in the worst of cir****tances have a joyful attitude about life.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/14 1:51 am
Spencerella
on 4/9/14 1:31 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

This is fun!  Here's a couple of many. 

Volunteer study with the mountain gorillas in Rwanda

Spending a storm season in a lighthouse

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/14 1:47 am
Sandy M.
on 4/9/14 10:06 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

I'd love to do the gorilla thing!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Susan M.
on 4/9/14 3:56 am

I went to Bruges a couple of times but never went up the tower because of the scene from "In Bruges".

I'm sure I wouldn't have had any issues but I was so afraid I never tried, so next time I'd like to go up just to say it wasn't worth the fuss.

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/14 4:41 am

I would take a trip back to Odessa with my mother and my daughter and visit my grandmother's grave.  I would take my husband to New Orleans and party for a week.   I would rent a house in Spain and move in for a few months.  In the winter, I would go skiing in Austria and in the Summer, I would take a little house on the Mediterranean and just hang out with my family on the beach shopping at open markets and eating seafood and veggies all day.  :)  Now about that lottery ticket...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sad news but it's for the best
TattooMom · 3 replies · 1070 views
Does Salt Matter?
alfred098 · 5 replies · 1137 views
Wedding preps!!!!
emilinjohn11 · 1 replies · 915 views
Best Running Idea's Outfit
emmajames · 0 replies · 782 views