What is your family like?

KevinBacon
on 4/9/14 4:02 am
VSG on 03/10/14

Kids? Spouse? Grandkids? Best friends? Tell us about them :)

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

Sandy M.
on 4/9/14 4:34 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

No hubby, no kids, but my cat is awesome!  My parents are long gone, but I have two brothers, 7 nieces and nephews (12 if you count their spouses), and 13 great nieces and nephews!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/14 4:44 am

Husband of fifteen years, thirteen year old daughter and ten year old son.  We share the house with two adorable ****apoos. 

Cunning_Pam
on 4/9/14 5:09 am, edited 4/9/14 5:09 am
RNY on 12/18/13

One husbeast (second and forever one, had one starter husband). He is the second best thing that's ever happened to me, my true soul mate and best friend ever. One son living way too far away, he is the best thing. MIL who drives me absolutely batty, FIL who has Alzheimers and who I love to death. One brother out there, I assume, somewhere; we haven't spoken since my father died 12 years ago and before that since my mother died ten years before that. I have a terrible habit of drifting away from friends, but to me they're always in my heart, so I miss them all: one wonderful guy who I still consider the best friend (after my hubby) I've ever had back in Connecticut, and four in Houston who I haven't spoken to in a while. I don't make and keep friends easily, unfortunately.

ETA And how could I forget our three adorable kitties! My sweet, loving heart kitty who's been with me for 20 years but won't be much longer, and our two young four year old boys. All of them are black and medium to long haired. We collect with a theme. 

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

NDHM
on 4/9/14 6:18 am

Happily married to my best friend for 22 years.  We have 3 daughters; 18, 16, 14 and 2 dogs we rescued from the pound...one is a 15 year old Shih Tzu and the other is a lab-ish mutt (aka the horse). 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/9/14 7:43 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Ohmygosh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a name like that... we have a probably-shepherd-mix shelter mutt and we call him "moose-dog." I swear, something about him makes him look like he just loped out of the Great White North!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

NDHM
on 4/9/14 8:57 am

Hahaha. This dog takes off at a gallop from the garage and hits the couch sending it backward even with people on it. Every night I have to move it back to its original spot. She's only 8 months old. The big baby!! 

NDHM
on 4/9/14 1:37 pm

Just realized the blue indicated a link!!! Those eyes!!!!!

LosingSarah
on 4/9/14 7:02 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Happily married for over 10 years. We have a 5 year old daughter, and some fur babies: Spike, a 14 year old cat (adopted when he was five years), Radar, an 11 year old cat (adopted at nine months), and Zero, a 9-10 month old dog (adopted at 5 months).  It's a zoo around here.

We are outdoorsy people (camping, gardening, biking, hiking). We don't do a whole lot beyond that. I grew up this way, and my two brothers are the same way.  We have a good relationship. They are almost more like friends along with their wives. I have a niece & nephew from one brother, and two nephews from the other. My daughter is the oldest, so they are all going to get to grow up together. I also have a close relationship with my parents. They are both pretty awesome.

We are also close to my husbands brother. He's pretty great. My MIL is mentally ill and while she truly likes me now thought I was trying to poison her and my BIL from the first time she met me about 13 years ago until somewhere around our 5 year anniversary. She thought I was a devil worshiper for the longest time. She also didn't like it when she found out my dad's side of the family is Norwegian because "they all think they're better than everyone else" Anyway, we really do have a great relationship now, and I love her. I have so many more stories, too. This is only a few gems that I thought of while writing this.

My FIL is sweet (they have been divorced for almost 20 years) but drives me a little mad. He spoils the heck out of my daughter. No joke. In fact, I just got a package in the mail today. The second one this week, actually. Full of candy and toys. She never sees half of what her gives her, though. My house would be filled from head to toe if I'd kept all that he gives her. Often he gives her the same thing more than once, too. I'm afraid to tell him what she'd "into" as well. For example, he found out she likes My Little Pony and Hello Kitty and now she has almost every MLP, MLP books, and MLP themed things. Similar story with Hello Kitty. Today's box included a HK pea dispenser, HK set of lip gloss rings, HK big stuffed animal, HK keychain, along with some other things. Like her 150th rugby ducky!?! OK, I realize I just went on and on about my in laws. Oops.

I also have a group of friends, but with everyone having families & now living farther away we don't see each other as often as I'd like. 

That is all ;)

marymo362
on 4/9/14 7:26 am
RNY on 03/18/14

I am happily married to my second husband, whom I affectionately refer to as The Dude. HE's really the solid foundation upon whom I rely. I have two grown kids, ages 31 and 26, and one grandson. Both my parents are living and I have three siblings. My life is filled with wealth and joy because I have a loving family and many caring friends. I feel so fortunate!

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sad news but it's for the best
TattooMom · 3 replies · 1055 views
Does Salt Matter?
alfred098 · 5 replies · 1122 views
Wedding preps!!!!
emilinjohn11 · 1 replies · 901 views
Best Running Idea's Outfit
emmajames · 0 replies · 772 views