Trying a new coping strategy

northernlight
on 6/23/11 10:55 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Oh Mike, I'm so sorry to hear that. What a terribly hard decision to have to make. I had to do that for my 14 year old Golden Retriever, Amber, 3 years ago, due to cancer & I think it was the hardest thing I've ever done. Please accept my heartfelt condolences on losing your loving friend. Good for you for being able to recognize the urge to deal with the pain by eating and being able to put the brakes on.  When I put my sweet girl down I had been smoke-free for 9 months - it was the only time after quitting that  I almost gave in and smoked because of the emotional pain. I'll be thinking of you and your furbaby tomorrow Mike & sending you my strength. I'm so sorry.

Deb

highlandbear
on 6/23/11 11:08 am - Canada
I am truly sorry. Tomorrow will be such a hard day. Enjoy tonight with her and just hold her. Allow yourself to feel that is so important. Nothing wrong with crying.  They become so much of the family. I still miss my cat that I had to put down even though we have a new one. I know I will hate the day that I have to put my dog down. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. You are in my thoughts.
(deactivated member)
on 6/23/11 11:21 am
Mike I am so sorry you are going through this.  Dogs are amazing animals and give such unconditional love.  Good for you for opening up and discussing how you are feeling instead of giving in to temptation.  Know that we are thinking of you and sending you our best wishes.

Elizabeth
allmylife4
on 6/23/11 11:31 am - Canada
RNY on 03/16/12

Sorry you have to go through this, know you are not alone. It's probably one of the hardest decision you have had to make, but it's the right one and the selfless one. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  

Julie    
TraceyM45
on 6/23/11 11:54 am
I'm sorry that you have to deal with this, but I am impressed with your candidness about your feelings a big step forward.  Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Tracey

Leslie W.
on 6/23/11 12:08 pm - Cobourg, Canada
So sorry to hear about your dog. One of my Mals dies 3 weeks ago. It is hard but you will remember the good 13 years and take comfort that you can be there for him and ensure his passing is comfortable. Hold on to your wife and never feel that you cannot share sorrow.

Prayers are with you tomorrow. Take care Leslie

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Eileen C.
on 6/23/11 12:40 pm - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Mike

My heart goes out to you and will be thinking of you and your friend tomorrow

Enjoy the little time you have left with her

Sending healing vibes and warm hugs your way 

Take care

Eileen 
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
TBIYTC
on 6/23/11 3:25 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
Oh Mike, I understand all too well.  I had to put down my beloved cat a few years ago and I still miss her.  She thought she was a dog - followed me everywhere.  Would even fetch.  She put me to bed each night.  I have her picture right beside me now.  She saw me through a divorce, and waited till I was happily maried to a wonderful man.  Your beloved dog waited to see you through your surgery and recovery. 
I think it is important to find some way to memorialize our loved ones.  I buried her in the back yard, planted a lilac tree behind her, and put a favourite rock over her grave.  Another idea might be to write a letter of how much she meant to you, attach it to a helium balloon, and let it go at a park or spot that meant something to you.
I'm so sorry.

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

sharmc
on 6/23/11 8:13 pm - Canada
 I'm sorry to hear this Mike.  That is a hard decision to make. 
CdnGal
on 6/23/11 9:54 pm - Canada
I am so so sorry for your loss.  I know how pets are really members of our family.  Take care!
Most Active
Recent Topics