Hello pureed foods

hobbithands
on 6/13/12 12:20 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
Oh how I adore you!!!
So ok I have looked at the recipe section and didnt see too too much. Any suggestions.
Marny will totally be trying your sweet potato puree.

Joyce J.
on 6/13/12 12:34 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Not meaning to discourage you , but personally I disliked the pureed stage. I just found it gross to puree most foods. I just stayed with yogurt, puddings, things like that
You can have cottage cheese if you like that.
If you don't mind pureed food you can pretty much puree anything(within reason of course........... no pizza, cheeseburgers etc LOL)
chicken, potato, veg anything really goes, just didn't appeal to me

Good luck
I'm sure others will have some good ideas
Hope all is going well

take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/12 12:36 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I stuck to soups that are normally served pureed and then I had cream of wheat and apple sauce for breakfast.  Dinners I would just make a pot roast and puree some meat with the juices and some of the veggies for me and then thickened the juice for the rest of the family.  I did the same with chicken and veggies in the slow cooker.  I had more than enough meals just by pureeing a bit of everything.
Monica M.
on 6/13/12 12:42 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i didnt much like the pureed stage either. I mostly stuck to  soups, yogurt, sf puddings, cottage cheese, etc. I did puree some chili, which went down nicely. I'd use my immersion blender on anything that had lumps in it.

HaroldC
on 6/13/12 1:26 am - Canada
No real recommendations, but got a chuckle remembering how wappy I was to move to pureed.

I ate LOTS of tuna fish!

SW 291  GW 199.9 CW 180 Surgery: TWH Dr. Penner Dec 20 2011
Celebrating life and opportunities for new beginings!!!

Btrue2u
on 6/13/12 1:34 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
You could try the riccota cheese baked with some red sauce ......

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/12 1:33 am - Guelph, Canada
 Damn I wish Guelph started pureed at day 14.. we just start full fluids then 
Brenda T.
on 6/13/12 1:47 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Like Harold I ate and still eat tuna often.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

hbrunet72
on 6/13/12 2:55 am - Canada
Something the nut at TWH mentioned when I went to see her the first time was pureed shepherds pie with sweet potatoe instead of white potatoes, and I think she said carrots instead of corn ... I dunno if that is ok, just passing on the idea ...
Referral Received July 28, 2010. Orientation at Toronto Western Hospital April 20, 2011. Surgeon consult May 11, 2012. Pre-admission July 13, 2012. Surgery July 23, 2012, St. Mike's Hospital, Toronto. Officially on the bench!
Thank you Dr. Rotstein!

Tracey H.
on 6/13/12 4:36 am - Tecumseh, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
I am on pureed as well now.

I've tried refried beans with a bit of melted cheese, Tuna with a bit of light miracle whip and some mashed potatoes with one laughing cow wedge melted in.

As I understand it, we can try poached eggs as well - I haven't tried one yet, but looking forward to it.

I will most likely be trying some chili too - pureed.

Note: I didn't puree the tuna, I just mashed it with a fork and chewed until it was mush!

Tracey

Most Active
Recent Topics