Protein Question.......

time2changeme
on 1/8/13 1:28 am

I was wondering if using up my vanilla opti-fast in smoothies or whatever would be the same as buying/ using protein powder?

I'm looking for advice on would you use it or not.....Thanks everyone! 

HopefulBee
on 1/8/13 1:47 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 01/18/13

The Nurse Practitioner @ our clinic just told me yesterday that if I have any opti left to bring it with me when I go for surgery & use it as protein powder afterwards on the liquid diet.

Not sure how far out it's ok to use it, but for the first week or two it seems to be ok!

Referral from family doctor: April 2011

Surgery date: JAN 18, 2013 @ St Joe's Hamilton with Dr. Anvari

DebbieML
on 1/8/13 1:50 am - Gloucester, Canada

I would not use it as we were told at the post-op class that Opti was not to be used after surgery.  I have over a box of chocolate left.

Debbie
Referal: June 23, 2011;  Info: August 26, 2011;  Dr.: July3, 2012; U/S: July 13, 2012;  Beh/Nut: Aug 13, 2012;  Ed class: Aug 22, 2012;  Scope: Sept 7, 2012;  Met with surgeons fellow: Sept 17, 2012; SURGERY: Nov 16, 2012 with Dr. Mamazza.  

time2changeme
on 1/8/13 2:08 am

I have over 3 boxes of vanilla opti-fast left .....I was on it for 6 weeks and didn't care for the vanilla

many days I only had 3 shakes to explain why I have so much leftover!

I just thought adding things to it now, would use it up......thanks for your advice! 

Patm
on 1/8/13 2:02 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I am sorry but this post has made me laugh. I could not wait to stop opti. It made me sick. I NEVER want to have it again.

Best to check with your centre as to their advice

time2changeme
on 1/8/13 2:11 am

It's always good to get a laugh out of someone!!  After being on opti-fast for

6 weeks I got used to it and actually enjoyed the choclate, but I never did care for the vanilla. 

Thanks for your advice I will check with my clinic to make sure!

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/13 2:08 am - Canada

I really like my Opttfast, both flavors... I was told by the RN at the Ottawa pre-op meeting that we are not to use the optifast post-op.

It's packed with vitamins and minerals not found in regular protein powders.  She said our pouch would not handle it...She said it about three times to make sure everyone understood.

I will miss them (might be the only one LOL)

Most Active
Recent Topics