Tears...

Yoyo4life
on 12/23/13 9:03 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 01/08/14

So today is my 6th day on optifast and all the emotions have just came over me...i was telling my spouse that I want to eat and I want to have my usual christmas dinner, and started crying...This has been the most hardest thing I have ever done in my life and I dont know how I can handle it...I am use to making a grande dinner for the family and now I am limited to 4 shakes a day broth and other calorie free liquids...I feel so defeated and Im sure this is just the beginning, I have 2 more weeks and I am trying my hardest but the fact that christmas is a couple days away makes it all seem more real..i just wanted to share so that I could get some support from all those who have gone through this experience already and also just to vent...thanks for reading, and some advice to get me through the next 2 weeks would be great....Thanks in advance yoyo

Referral sent: Aug/30/2013 Orientation: September/24/2013 Nurse Appointment: September/30/2013 Social worker Appointment: October/7/2013 Psychologist Appointment:Oct/11/13 Dietician Appointment:Oct/21/13 Nutrition Class: Oct/29/2013 Surgeons Appointment: Nov/22/2013 PATTS: December/13/2013 Surgery date: January/08/2014

SusieGilbreath
on 12/23/13 9:28 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Oh Hun! Ur roller coaster of emotions are quite normal and yes very hard to deal with!! Especially this time of the year. Try to keep ur eye on ur prize!! ( the end result) ur journey is just beginning and hold tight there is going to be one hell of a ride coming up!! Chin up u can do this!! Have a good cry!! Hell even a scream if u want!! You are not alone!! You will come out of this stronger ! Big hugs!

Susie

sellarsgal
on 12/23/13 9:29 am - Oshawa, Canada

I haven't  had the surgery but I feel very emotional at Christmas time. I love Christmas! Perhaps Christmas and the family dinner represents everything comfortable and familiar and the surgery is new and will change your life. for the better but still a little scary. And it will be here before you know it! Food is my go-to comfort and maybe you can't get that comfort right now. the optifast is only a few weeks but probably the hardest time of year to be doing it!

I wish you all the best for the new you in the new year!

piccola
on 12/23/13 9:33 am, edited 12/23/13 9:36 am
RNY on 06/06/13

Just some advice,if you want to try some christmas dinner there is no harm in this...I know lots of people who did not

follow the opti fast liquid diet and their was no harm in doing so. So if you want to try your christmas dinner  try a little it won't hurt you in any way.I too went off the wagon during optifast.. had a cheat day..we are going to have many ups and downs through this entire procedure..Just  go day by day and everything will work fine... .... Just to let you know at my heaviest i was 299 on the day of my surgery and i am down 81 pounds and now weigh 218 and am 34 pounds away from my goal weight the hospital has set for me.. Sending you lots of positive energy and thoughts your way... 

Leanne1
on 12/23/13 11:53 pm - Newmarket, Canada

I have to say this... AWFUL advice!! Not a good idea to tell people to cheat!! (shame) *shakes head*

I totally agree with Birdie! Yoyo can do this; we have ALLLLLL been where she is. 

Yoyo, talk to you spouse, call your centre if you need to! BUT DO NOT CHEAT! This is just the beginning and you can do it! You could always make some broth from the turkey and at least that way, you get a little taste. If you don't think that is a good idea and you may go further, DON"T DO IT at all.

Stay strong, you can do it!! 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

highlandbear
on 12/24/13 6:27 am - Canada

Why would you tell someone to try Christmas Dinner are you crazy or just stupid. Instead tell her she can do it and make it. She will feel great about herself if she pulls it off. Just because you went off the wagon do not and I mean do not encourage others to go off 

piccola
on 12/25/13 8:15 pm
RNY on 06/06/13
piccola
on 12/25/13 8:17 pm
RNY on 06/06/13

I think you got my message all wrong, what i was trying to say was if she does try something its ok she is human,we all have our good and bad days.. also i looked at it as now she can try some  of her favorite foods cause i know after surgery it will be difficult..You see This is my first christmas since the surgery ,i tried some meatloaf and some salad and peas, i have no appetite literally i have to force myself to eat  cause i have to reach my protein goals. sorry some of you thought it was wrong in saying try something.

Yoyo4life
on 12/23/13 10:19 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 01/08/14

Thanks guys you dont understand how much your responses mean to me right now all your comments made me feel much better...really...im gonna try my hardest to keep myself occupied for these last 2 weeks so i wont need to think about food...as for Christmas god willing i will get to see Christmas again next year and be able to be with my family and eat...merry Christmas everyone

Referral sent: Aug/30/2013 Orientation: September/24/2013 Nurse Appointment: September/30/2013 Social worker Appointment: October/7/2013 Psychologist Appointment:Oct/11/13 Dietician Appointment:Oct/21/13 Nutrition Class: Oct/29/2013 Surgeons Appointment: Nov/22/2013 PATTS: December/13/2013 Surgery date: January/08/2014

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/13 10:28 am

remember that you are not alone in your experience right now.  many of us have felt the exact same way you do right now.  i was just thinking the same thing -- so many dinner outings this week and i feel i can't really eat anything.  one spoonful is not 'eating' to me ...but that is all my new stomach can afford.

this is a total life change.  this probably will be one of the hardest things you have done in your life.  WLS is not easy ... it is not the easy way out.  that being said, you are not alone!!!

i take it one day at a time.  it's ok to have those crashes ... it's ok to cry.  cry on here as well.  do what you have to do to get through the next day.  you're awesome.

Most Active
Recent Topics