Puree Stage

Cottagenanny
on 2/27/14 11:57 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 02/03/14

Anyone have any ideas for food in this stage, I'm drawing a blank.  Thanks.

Orientation March 13, 2013 / Social Worker June 11 / Nurse Practitioner July 10 / Nutrition class, Blood, ECG Aug. 20 / Surgeon Consult - Dr. Penner Sept. 20 / CT Scan Oct. 10 / Surgeon Consult - Dr. Urbach Oct. 18 / Psychologist Oct. 30 / Nutritionist Oct. 30 / Dr. Urbach Dec. 13 / PAATS Jan. 24 / Surgery February 3, 2014    

Northernlightsmom
on 2/28/14 12:44 am - Canada

Hi, Had my surgery on Feb 10 so about a week after you. I have been blending some low fat clam chowder, crackers with crab salad (crab and mayo), melba toast with a variety of stuff on it from turnip to tuna salad. The cracker just breaks up the monotony of liquid items. I also tried some fish with a tbsp. of mashed potato and veg. Felt like the first real meal I had in month. Luckily your soft food stage starts on Monday. Good luck

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

Hennagirliegirl
on 2/28/14 7:20 am - Canada

Take all the yummy beans in the world....black eyed peas, lentils, kidney beans, etc...... Cook tomatoes, garlic, ground turkey or chicken, tomatoe paste then puree the hell out of it....very satisfying, very healthy, and protein rich

Test

highlandbear
on 2/28/14 7:36 am - Canada

You can puree some chicken just add some broth or gravy to it. Good way to get protein. You can puree roast or any meat.  I also did re fried beans. Not a lot but they were good and they are already in the puree stage. Just remember protein protein protein. Even hard boiled egg can be done. 

Jiliana2
on 2/28/14 12:31 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

We made turkey soup: turkey, broth, a little stock, with carrots, celery, rutabaga, and onion. Pureed the heck out of that and boy, was it yummy! I also did a simple chili and pureed that. Both of those, along with applesauce, yogourt and soups with melted cheese on top helped me get through that stage about a week or two ago. Good luck! 

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

4kidcull
on 3/4/14 10:12 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/16/14

did anyone feel like they were going to gain weight once they started eating? I have been eating tuna/cracker snack packs, canned chicken chunks with a tsp of may, and melba toast, boiled eggs,a nd last night i took a piece of bologna while making my kids lunch.  I have had no problems, but it seems i have gained weight this morning! honestly i don't want to eat again!

Most Active
Recent Topics