Opti Question

Daisy_does_it
on 9/7/14 7:25 am - Scarborough, Canada

I'm starting Opti later this week, and noted many great tips on flavour combo's.  (Thanks everyone!)

The only thing I wasn't sure of was how much ice and water to use per serving?  I would appreciate your advice as to what worked best for you to ensure the best consistency.

Thank you!

Catw
on 9/7/14 8:59 am - Arnprior, Canada

When I did my shakes, I didn't have access to ice.  So I just used 12oz of really cold water. Kept the water in the fridge between shakes.  I got through almost 3 weeks of chocolate shakes that way.  Didn't know about adding flavor to it back then. (Pre OH visits).

Cathy

Zizzler
on 9/7/14 9:02 am

I found half a cup of water and 3 ice cubes was good, but I like mine thick.  The first one I made I added too much water and it tasted awful.  I would start with half a cup of water and at least 3 ice cubes and if it is too thick you can always add a little to thin in out.  If you like coffee then adding decaf granules made it taste a little like an iced cappuccino.  I found using a straw in one of those cups with lids for the first 4 days or so really helped as the smell bothered me at first.  Best of luck - just remember it is only temporary, you can do it!

Lauren1957
on 9/7/14 9:03 am - Canada

I'm on opti right now and I add a lot of ice. Takes better and eat with spoon makes like a frosty from wendys

Franny1977
on 9/7/14 9:25 am - Canada

Thanks that a good idea

Hollynik
on 9/7/14 9:17 am - Canada

I used the amount of water the package called for 300ml but I add a whole cup of ice and blended it up until it was a milkshake consistency.  The chocolate done this way was like a Frosty and I used da vinci syrups to flavour the vanilla ones, my favourites were strawberry or strawberry banana.  I was one of those that actually liked opti which was a good thing because I was on it for 4 weeks.  Good luck to you, stay strong the final step is almost here.

Franny1977
on 9/7/14 9:22 am - Canada

Am sorry I don't have answer to question but am so happy to fine someone from scarb do u know of any support group here

Daisy_does_it
on 9/7/14 11:26 am - Scarborough, Canada

Thanks everyone, very helpful!!

Franny...there is a group that gets together most Thursday evenings at the Starbucks in Chaptors at Kennedy Commons.  Let me know if you want more info.  

Franny1977
on 9/7/14 12:05 pm - Canada

Oh I would like more information thank you

Freshlila
on 9/8/14 1:40 am

Hiii!!! I'm from Scarborough as well, I don't know how the support groups work but am I allowed to join as well!? :))

Most Active
Recent Topics