Iron pills cause nausea?!?

Sassy75
on 10/2/14 9:26 am - North York, Canada

Hi everyone, 

everytime me I take my iron pill, I feel sick to my stomach.... Anyone else experience this? Any remedies?! Suggestions?!

Surgery date August 11, 2014 gastric sleeve with Dr. Rotstein at St.Mike's

starting weight 309 4 months out 237

pegawatt
on 10/2/14 10:15 am - Canada

I take 2 every day for my anemia for yrs. now and no problems

Sassy75
on 10/2/14 12:57 pm - North York, Canada

I wish that was the case for me :( do you find you get constipated taking that much? 

pegawatt
on 10/3/14 6:23 am - Canada

NOT AT ALL

Meggles07
on 10/2/14 11:36 am - Canada

I had this same problem and mentioned it to my aunt.  She said she takes her iron pill right before she goes to sleep so the nausea doesn't bother her.  I've also found that if I take my iron right after I eat, I don't feel as sick.  Hope this helps :)

Sassy75
on 10/2/14 12:58 pm - North York, Canada

That's what I did last night. Went straight to bed but I still felt sic****il I fell asleep. This sucks :(

highlandbear
on 10/2/14 11:47 am - Canada

iron pills need to be taken with food. When I don't I feel sick. I have some yogurt at night before bed take the pill and I am fine. when I don't lay in bed feeling like crap

poet_kelly
on 10/2/14 12:26 pm - OH

Calcium blocks the absorption of iron, so taking your iron with yogurt probably prevents you from absorbing that iron.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sassy75
on 10/2/14 1:00 pm - North York, Canada

Good point!!

Sassy75
on 10/2/14 12:59 pm - North York, Canada

I will try to eat a snack before I take it going forward :) thanks

Most Active
Recent Topics