5 months post op

michellecowles
on 11/9/14 11:50 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/13/14

Well Hello everyone!!!

I have been M.I.A for quite some time now, but have been enjoying the ride of post op, with some highs and lows. It has been 5 months since my surgery and I have never felt better! I have lost 105 lbs. And am doing things I never thought imaginable! I've had some plateaus, but have always seemed to come out of them within a week or two, apparently that is NORMAL. I went to a hockey game and could fit in the seats! I went on a roller coaster and could ALSO fit in the seat! I take the stairs at work, and park the furthest away to walk. I've taken up Jillian Michael's Body Revolution, which I can keep up with! I can ALMOST shop in normal stores that carry an XL. My way of life has totally changed, mentally, emotionally, and physically. I am so confident, and feel like I am not being stared at anymore for my obesity. 

I am moving to Alberta next month to start my career working with Family and Children Services as a Youth Counsellor. That is something I NEVER would have done prior to surgery. A big move, starting over, I wouldn't have had the willpower to be as confident as I do now. 

I am so thankful to all of you on this board that helped me post-op and am most thankful to Dr. Hagen and HRRH for allowing me to have my life back. 

For all you pre-ops getting cold feet, DON'T. If I had to, I would do it all over again :) 

-M

SURGERY: Jun13, 2014  Starting Weight: 370lbs, Current Weight: 198lbs, Goal Weight: 180lbs

anniew72
on 11/10/14 12:25 am

congrats on your weight loss and your move. Your pics look great.

msmuggins
on 11/10/14 12:59 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Congratulations on your new job and your new life!  I love hearing stories like this!!  Good luck with your move (and enjoy the Rockies -- Alberta is a beautiful place).

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Wendy-Louise
on 11/10/14 1:11 am - Canada

Congratulations! you have done so well. Good Luck on your move

Patm
on 11/10/14 1:12 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad you are doing so well. Good luck with your new job. Sounds exciting

Catw
on 11/10/14 2:06 am - Arnprior, Canada

Congratulations on the weight loss and the new job!  You'll do fine in Alberta!  Just make sure you stay in touch with us after you move!

Cathy

Zizzler
on 11/10/14 3:07 am

So happy for you!  It is so amazing how this surgery can change your entire outlook on life.  Since surgery my attitude has changed to "anything is possible" and it has effected all aspects of my life too.  Please do keep in touch with us Ontario folks, we would love to hear how you are doing. You go girl, so proud of you!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Franny1977
on 11/10/14 4:24 am - Canada

Congrats 

robinreinhardt
on 11/10/14 4:37 am

Michelle,

Thanks for your post today. You are doing so well and I am so happy for you. My WLS is dec. 15 so I am really excited. Just hope I can be successful like so many here. Bless you.

Robin

Karen M.
on 11/10/14 4:55 am - Mississauga, Canada

Hi Robin :)

Where is your surgery on December 15th - and wishing you good luck!

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics