Help...Computer illiterate here...

Connie D.
on 3/21/08 7:03 am
Okay here goes......I have a laptop but only use it where I can plug it in to the internet. Is there a way to get something that would make it so I don't need to access the internet by plugging it in. Where I am going this weekend there is no computer hook up. I am going to be lost without all of you!!  Can anyone help me.....yes I am blonde but I am past the part of using white out on my computer moniter now!! Hugs....connie d
Marti O.
on 3/21/08 7:20 am
sweeetie there are all kinds of "WI-fi" networks from Arby's to Starbucks......don't lose us. Love, Marti

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle"

Connie D.
on 3/21/08 7:23 am
Hi Marti...this is a little dinky town...there are no Starbucks or fast food restuarants for miles!!! HELP!!!!! Hugs, connie d
Marti O.
on 3/21/08 7:25 am
do they have a hotel, motel?

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle"

Connie D.
on 3/21/08 11:47 am

They might...I was hoping to have access from their house. They aren't going to like it if I start running around looking for internet service. Plus I am not driving my friend is. Guess I will skip it for now. Thanks anyway. Hugs, connie d

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/08 7:43 am - Columbus, GA
Hi cutie... There's a couple of options... If you add a wireless card that plugs into one of your USB's on your laptop you can access the Hot Spots If you have the internet on a desktop computer you can access the internet though that too, so you can lounge while you surf... If you go to a hotel that has internet access, they might have that plug you are talking about in the wall... you will need the cable though... the one that looks like a phone cord but larger... If you want to spend around $60 a month you can get a satellite access card from Verizon or a couple of the other providers... Let me know which route you want to take and I will try and help...
Connie D.
on 3/21/08 11:58 am
Hi  Marc...like I said I am a computer dummy!!  Cute but dumb...hahahaha!!!! Add a wirelesss card...how do I go about getting one of those?I know my laptop has a place to use a card on the side of it. It is a Dell Inspiron.....less then a year old. I don't really want to pay $60.00 a month.....a little steep! I do access my laptop through my desktop computer. That won't help me when I am away. Am I doomed ???? Don't think I have time to get anything figured out by noon tomorrow. Darn it!! Thanks for your help....I will keep checking in to see if you have any other advice to share. Hugs....connie d
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/08 9:40 pm - Columbus, GA
Take your laptop with you, go into any Best Buy and tell them you want to go wireless and you don't know if your  laptop is wireless capable... and let the Geek Squad do their thing That's the easiest way!
Connie D.
on 3/22/08 1:15 am

Marc...that is what I was going to do but have now run out of time. The closest possible place up there is about 40 minutes away from their home. Guess I will just have to miss you all for the weekend!! Thanks for the help!!! Hugs, connie d

Cajun Angel
on 3/21/08 8:29 am - New Orleans, LA
I'm a redhead, other than the home computer and the work computer, I'm lost!  Don't know nuthin bout no laptops - did use my sister's once.  I'd have to say you're just gonna have to miss us this weekend and catch up when you get back!  Have a great time, we'll miss you! Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 378 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1177 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1184 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1122 views