Two demons down...

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/08 8:13 pm - Columbus, GA
... and another really bad one to go... One down is the NOT drinking during or after meals ... that is becoming automatic and not a problem at all any more.. The other down is soda pops.... haven't had one since before I started the 5dpt, so that's over wit and don't miss them at all. Here's the bad one I need to attack.... somehow... Twice in the past week I have eaten too much at night, right before going to bed. I ate the right stuff, and didn't drink during or after, but ate too much. This is one of the main demons that got me before... eating at night. I can go all day with just coffee if I need to (I don't need to) but between dinner and going to bed I will eat 3 more times. I am beating down the demons, but this would be a HUGE victory for me... This demon has been sitting on my shoulder for 30+ years and has always been in control of me.... Thanks for listening...
annette R.
on 3/20/08 8:48 pm - ithaca, NY
Gif demons ImagesMarc, Are you actually hungry in the evening or is this head hunger and a habit? My first thought is that you need to find something else to do during this time. Plan an activity for the later hours. Shake up your routine and see if that helps. I see that you have been posting on Linda's thread. Is there an evening snack PLANNED in there? That may help also. Those night time munchies are indeed mean demons. You have done well fighting the other battles and will conquer this one too. Put on your suit of armor (or do you wear a little sailor suit?  ) and go battle this monster. Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/08 8:54 pm - Columbus, GA
Thanks sweetie... Are you actually hungry in the evening or is this head hunger and a habit? I am sure it is head hunger and a looooong time habit.... now that it is getting warmer I will take your advice and try to schedule a walk or some pen making... something... anything... (or do you wear a little sailor suit? Did you catch the thread?... I wear one of Darlene's dresses...
annette R.
on 3/20/08 10:20 pm - ithaca, NY
Oopsy - I forgot about the dresses. In that case, try on more dresses - some high heels too.That will take your mind off food  We will expect to see pictures
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Judy G.
on 3/20/08 10:17 pm - Galion, OH

MARC...I MUST TELL YOU I LOVE YOUR GUY DANCING!!!!!

OK I ALSO SHARE YOUR DEMON OF WANTING TO EAT AT NIGHT...I TRY TO KEEP MY HANDS BUSY SO I CAN'T EAT....I TALK ON THE PHONE ALSO SO I DON'T EAT.....TRY CHEWING SF GUM THAT ALSO HELPS...HTH

HUGS

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/08 11:46 pm - Columbus, GA
Thanks Judy... I am going to try chewing the gum... it works great for that half hour wait to drink, so who knows!
Cathy W.
on 3/20/08 10:44 pm
Hi Marc, I've often thought that some people have an after dinner or after work drink to wind down...I had an after the day all evening eat fest...LOL.  Night eating is very difficult.  It is still one of my lingering demons that I'd like to show the door.  For me, I try to distract myself.  I'll call a friend, weather allowing I'll go outside to get out of the environment of close to the kitchen, I'll get on OH and read and post, and sometimes if the head hunger is screaming really loud and it is close to going to bed, I'll just go to bed a little early.  Congratulations on the nasty demons you've already accomplished.  The last one will bite the dust too.  Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/08 11:54 pm - Columbus, GA
Thanks Cathy.... It looks like distracting myself in the evening is the best (only?) bet... I am going to check on the YMCA's schedule... I am not sure how late they are open, but I might just rearrange my workouts and do it in the evening... or at least walk in the evening so I wont eat.
Darlene
on 3/20/08 11:50 pm
Marc, Not sure if I have this in my profile or not about the head hunger, but will post it here to you, it is not long. By the way, I'm making you a new dress with little pink rosebuds....hope you like them.... Real Hunger vs. Head Hunger Many of us who fight a battle with their weight often have difficulty identifying the difference between head hunger and real hunger. It is important for us to understand the difference between these two types of hunger and recognize which one is which. For most of us we have never really experience real hunger before. So the first thing we need to do is to explore what these symptoms or feeling are to understand the difference between head hunger and real hunger. Physiological hunger or real hunger occurs two to four hours after your last meal. Symptoms include an empty or rumbling feeling in your stomach, slight dizziness, a headache, or lightheadedness. This type of hunger is your body's way of telling you it is time to eat more food. Psychological hunger or head hunger occurs at any time and has no physical symptoms, as described above. Obsessing about food, emotional situations, habits, certain personal triggers, or food cravings may cause you to think that you are hungry when you're really not.  Many time this is associated with habitual behavior like watching TV, working on the computer or driving in the car. To help you to recognize which type of hunger you're feeling, think about this little Hunger-Satiety Rating Scale. 10 = Overfull to the point of being very uncomfortable, almost sick 9 = Very uncomfortably full, usually associated with loosening your pants 8 = Uncomfortably full, feeling stuffed 7 = Very Full, a feeling as if you have overeaten SATIETY    6 = Comfortably full and satisfied 5 = Comfortable, neither full or hungry 4 = Beginning Signal of Hunger HUNGER    3 = Hungry and ready to Eat 2 = Very hungry not able to concentrate 1 = Starving, dizzy, irritable Where do your habits fit into this scale? If you are waiting to eat until you are "starving", irritable, or unable to concentrate, you will likely eat entirely too fast and will eat beyond a comfortable feeling of fullness just to get rid of those bad physical feelings. You need to pay close attention; start eating when you have early signals of hunger at a level 4 and stop eating when you are comfortably full at level 6. Using a written record of your feelings of hunger, using this scale. This will help you to recognize if you are waiting too long to eat, or eating beyond a comfortable, satisfied level. Record what and how much you are eating - when you are too hungry versus the times you are just beginning to feel hunger. This exercise will assist you to adjust your eating schedule to accommodate your true need for food.
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/08 12:01 am - Columbus, GA
By the way, I'm making you a new dress with little pink rosebuds....hope you like them.... I appreciate it! ... I *DO* look awesome in pink... {{{{{{ Flex }}}}}} Thanks Darlene.... that was a good read.... I did read that before on your site... One of the problems I have is that my pouch and guts in general are almost always grumbling... so I guess I need to find another item to identify my real hunger VS head hunger...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 378 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1177 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1184 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1122 views