SUNNY SUNDAY! (wishful thinking?)- what's happenin'?

Debbie G.
on 3/26/11 7:57 pm - Derby Line, VT
Good Morning Nancy and OFF!
Nancy as usual I am even more exhausted after reading your posts!  Geesh woman do you ever slow down? LOL!  I love your energy and reading about all your activities!
I am finally home.  I am exhausted, sore, and totally tired.  too tired to sleep too much longer I guess so am up at 0515 this am!  The first day's drive in the truck pulling the car went well actually.  the dogs settled in and were as good as gold. I left Swanton Ohio at 0720 and stopped for sleep in Pulaski NY at 7:15 pm.  Of course I stopped a long the way for lunch, dinner, a Starbucks chai and a few doggy walks too.  Didn't have internet in Ohio so couldn't really log on too much unless I went to Starbucks or Mc Donalds.  Didn't really have too much time for that! 
Mother had her usual comments about my housekeeping abilities (I did not ask them to go over and pack and clean and when I found out they were, I knew I would hear about it ad nauseum and I did) I even had asked them to stop cleaning, but of course NO.  Her first criticism was my hair looked terrible.  Yes it did as a matter of fact, the gal fried it from my perm a week or so ago.  SO nice of her to point that out wasn't it?  then informed me I spent way too much money on a dishwasher for the house.  Then the house keeping came to play again and again.  Needless to say I didn't spend much time with mom. 
House is as clean as it can be right now, new dishwasher works great and the kitchen sparkles at least sort of....
so I unpacked everything they had packed and moved the stuff I was donating and the stuff to keep into separate piles and re packed as I went a long.  Ended up having to rent a truck and tow my car.  First day (Friday) went well and I went over 500 miles from Swanton Ohio to Pulaski NY.  Yesterday was not so great.  gas stations, gas prices, mountains, hypoglycemia after going up and down said mountain and total exhaustion didn't help. But we made it.  dogs were good as gold and we all slept in our usual spaces last night! Lukas the cat is overjoyed to see us and keeps purring and loving me up.  My friend Carols son Isaiah is going to bring a buddy today to unload the truck into the basement.  I plan on a supervisory role.  and a restful day otherwise. 
End of Saga!  Have a great day! what have I missed?
Monica B.
on 3/26/11 8:51 pm - Emery, SD
Glad you are home and yes you sound exhausted. Too much too do and too little time for you to do it all. The tiredness comes from many things, not just the physical, but emotional also. Remembering how changes affect us is important. Amazing how moms and dads can still push our buttons for us even as adults. Mine are gone but I remember the little looks, remarks, and passive/aggressive actions. Sometimes soooo toxic. My mom had alzheimers and really "left" us 20 yrs before her death. She had no idea who I was and when I visited her I was a stranger who had the same name as her daughter. That took some getting used to, but then the daughter she "remember" didn't weigh 330 lbs or have gray hair. You are an awesome, mature, dynamic, beautiful women, someone that others embrace into their lives. But a parent can instantly transform us into diaper wearing toddlers, pimple faced teenagers, and fumbling young adults. Thats the nature of the life game. Hopefully WE do not do this to our own children, at least I try so hard not too. I really watch what I say and do around my oldest daughter. When we stayed with her after her divorce to help her out I discovered that I was being critical of how she did things...and I didn't know it. HOW??? I was being critical of her by the way....I made coffee, washed the dishes, folded the laundry, cleaned the floor, washed the bathroom, put the grocies away, helped the Gkids with homework, cooked a meal, didn't eat a meal she had cooked, comments on her clothes...etc, etc, etc. When I was finally told by her that my actions made her feel like a child who couldn't do anything right I was shocked. I had a hard time with her perceptions and that make me drink....not blaming her, that was my bad choice.
So enough....you are home, you are safe, you have help coming to unpack, you are going to enjoy the day, being busy but restful, you will not Expect to get everything done today. You have the rest of you life to get your new life together.
And thats all I have to say about that. Hugs, Monica

Eileen Briesch
on 3/27/11 6:20 am - Evansville, IN
Yeah, Debbie, my mom does the same thing to me, if and when she ever sees my place (she won't down here, of course) ... it's a mess, I'm a slob, I dress poorly, I don't do anything right ... I know I'm a disappointment to her ... I didn't get married or have kids, her idea of a success ... she still has a problem with my weight loss, always waiting for me to fail. When I had the surgery, she said right off, "You're going to gain it all back." And that was before I had the surgery.

Maybe that's why I never had kids ... except fur kids ... didn't want to pass that on to my own children. I love my mom despite these things. I know her mom did the same to her, was very demanding of her. I've accepted her the way she is. I've worked through some of this in therapy.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

ceeidee
on 3/26/11 9:35 pm
Boy, Nancy! What I see when I "see" you is a woman with a wide heart and mind that so many people are so lucky to get to benefit from having you in their life. Your hair is gorgeous from the pics I've seen and I just bet it is just as gorgeous short. I, too, feel like such a lazy girl reading all that you do. You are amazing.

Good morning to all. Tom and I are heading down for our last continental breakfast and then our 3 hour drive to the airport and about 6 hour flight home. I  may not go to work tomorrow as I am on East Coast time and that means I will go to bed around 3 am.
His interview went well he thinks; he has no regrets or I should have said this or that. He thinks the only thing that will make them choose the other candidate is his lack of teaching experience. He had a full 8 hour day Friday of interviewing and teaching a class which ended with us going to dinner at the Dean of Faculties home. The dinner was wonderful and don't think we did anything to mess up his chances. Neither of us picked our noses or wore lampshades on our heads. We looked at a few homes yesterday to get the feel of what we may have to choose from in real estate should we get to that point. Now we just wait.  If it's meant to be it will be if not it won't.

Well, I need to go have some nourishment and then we'll head out.

Take care all,
Cheryl

We never touch people so lightly we do not leave a trace.
                                                                                                 Peggy Tabor Millin

Monica B.
on 3/26/11 9:44 pm - Emery, SD
Fingers, toes, and if I still had my 48 F girls the would be crossed too. Take Monday off and refresh yourself. Safe passage.

ceeidee
on 3/26/11 10:32 pm
Monica,

Thanks so much! And I know what you mean about the girls. :)

Congratulations on your accomplishment also. Know that you are in my prayers and I am inspired by your commitment and spirit.

Take care,
Cheryl

We never touch people so lightly we do not leave a trace.
                                                                                                 Peggy Tabor Millin

Candygirl
on 3/26/11 10:29 pm - Somewhere in, NY
Cheryl

Whereabouts East was the interview? 

Pleased to hear about the no nose-picking or lampshades.  It takes a special employer to appreciate that stuff....

Candy

Monica B.
on 3/26/11 9:37 pm - Emery, SD
Sober 144 days and so proud of me.
On the 2nd cuppa coffee, had my shower, body oiled up, listening to the birds sing in the day, sunny skies, and had some delicious Yoda kisses.
Getting ready for Mass, so grateful for the church here.
Not much planned, we do have our work...tanning and pool, dog park, RV already cleaned and gleaming.
Hope you all have a special Sunday. Prayers to Geraldine Ferraro, she cracked the glass ceiling for us. Gracious women in mostly non-gracious times.
Hugs, Monica....Connie hope you had a marvelous day and night doing nothing for a change.

grammylew
on 3/26/11 9:43 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
My mother had one of those houses that was so clean you could 'eat off the floor'. Mine never was, but she never criticized. My Sis got that neat freak gene. Mom never complained about any of us kids and what we did, wore, how much we weighed or what we looked like. When my Sis and I went down to tend to her the month before she passed, she complained about everyone in the retirement home, what they did, what they wore. Sis and I were shocked! I have a housekeeper who comes every other week! So I don't have to worry about it any more.
Lots of people told me that when my hair came back after chemo it would probably be curly. No such luck. Just like I never lost my appetite like everyone said I would!
I have just about everything put back in my computer. I have been getting lots of emails from a couple of relatives and I have got to get all of the new genealogy stuff in my data base. But I feel a sinus headache starting. I will go use my netti pot and see if that helps. I sure hope so!
Looks like everyone had a lot on their minds today. I hope ya'll have a fantabulous day!!

Grammylew in Jax

Sybul C.
on 3/27/11 12:00 am - Alma, AR
I sure wish the sun would come out of hiding.  It's going to remain chilly and rainy until Friday when the temps and the sun are supposed to be up and out.  Val and I took the day off yesterday and watched some movies and went to bed at an ungodly early hour and slept until 8am.  I can't believe it.  I usually stay up way late and get up way early so it was a real treat for me to be able to sleep that long.  I am itching to get out in the yard and work some more.  The wind has made it seem so much colder than it is that I don't stay out long.  Have got a lot of weeding done this week though.  Need to quit procrastinating and get going on the baby afghan for my new grandson who will be here shortly.  Nothing else going on around here.  Hope you all have a quiet, lovely day.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1130 views