SUNNY SUNDAY! (wishful thinking?)- what's happenin'?

Nancy B
on 3/26/11 4:10 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Happy Sunday, everyone! I have been very busy getting ready for our annual vacation trip..not packing yet but trying to get all my work done before I can even THINK about vacation! JB just does NOT understand….in fact he CHOOSES not to because he hates that I work…thinks  I should be home everyday and clean the house. So now I have the big poster completed and our new website online…(if you are curious, please visit www.bpwniagara.com) . I am my strongest critic..I still see things that I SHOULD change on that poster but no one would notice them and if I DO start changing things, I would wreck the spacing of something else! Lol..I’m SUCH a techie-klutz! I just sent out a special invitation to all of my committee and all of my 50 vendors to get together the evening before the big show and socialize, relax and get to know each other. A casual supper of sandwiches, sweets, coffee and tea will be served.    I even invited a MICHE BAG lady to come and display her products so that those who enjoy “retail therapy” can enjoy shopping for purses. 

In preparation for the trip, I bought myself a new cell phone. All I wanted is a simple basic cell phone..no movies, video games or web ..bad enough I have to accept a camera on my phone....I’m so NOT a techie…we MATURE artsy-fartsy types just don’t like complicated when it comes to technical stuff.

The good part is that my new cellphone is cute and  PINK and this new server will cost me $12.00 LESS per month than my last phone’s monthly bill!  

The bad news is that those who write the “users manual”  ASSUME that I should know the BASIC usage directions already and do not include them in the booklet...I went online and accidentally found more detailed instructions, printed them all out and bound them into a booklet to take along and study while JB is driving. Because I have been running around doing errands, meetings and teaching, I have not been able to take my fluid pills and my legs ache something awful…can’t take them while driving… , on vacation, I have to wait til we check into hotels and after supper so I’m never too far from the…facilities…did I mention that I want to stay home? Saturday, I went for a haircut because the top was way too long and just flopped. When I came out, I was curly, short in the back and the sides were also curly but longer…I love it..JB HATES it.. he says that a short wide hairstyle does NOT suit a wide woman….should I shoot him NOW?   It will soften and loosen a bit and my hair grows VERY fast and VERY THICK so I’m not concerned at all.  My hair has not been this short since I was sixteen. I got an email today from the local BRAIN INJURY Association, asking about my work..I’m already planning to create  a special package for them and custom books according to what issues their clients are dealing with. 

I have no real definite idea where we are going except that we leave Tuesday and head south…usually following the eastern coast to Myrtle Beach, then to the Golden Isles off the coast of Georgia, Jekyll Island close by, Hilton Head as well, then to St Augustine Florida, thru the Everglades and to Key West….always stopping at our favourite places for shopping or lunch on the water…I LIVE on seafood when we are away! YUM!  

Then we head up the Gulf Coast to Naples for a while then to the Florida Panhandle..from there, I have no idea…it always depends on the weather.   We are very flexible and just take another route or direction of bad weather is predicted.  JB loves his car and loves to drive..we enjoy our flexibility to stop or stay wherever and whenever we want to.   

But I do have to be home at a specific time because my  cousin from Nova Scotia will be visiting mid April, my LifePath groups start again at the end of April and I have to prepare for my new clients, then my Health & Wellness Show shortly after and then BPW Provincial Conference then very next weekend! ( I MIGHT wimp out and skip conference if I’m too worn out from the Wellness event).

Well, I have babbled far too much..again, and for that I apologize to you all.

Be safe..be happy..remain positive !

Nancy B
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Eileen Briesch
on 3/26/11 4:52 pm - Evansville, IN
Hi Nancy and my OFF family:

I'm watching "Winter's Bone" ... hard to hear at times (especially when the dishwasher was going ... not quite sure where this movie is going.

Gee, I've always had short hair, even when I was ... how did JB put, wide and short ... and I never thought it looked bad on me. I can't imagine it will look bad on you. You have such pretty hair anyway. I'm sure it will look wonderful.

Last night was day 5 of 6 at work ... I dragged through the night but got through it, did three sports pages and four biz pages. Got home and was taking my vitamins/supplements, almost choked on my potassium pill ... ugh.

Nancy, I get worn out just reading your posts. Wow, I wish I had your energy.

Can't think of anything else to say, so I guess I'll check back later. Have a good one.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Nancy B
on 3/26/11 5:07 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

aww thank you, Eileen, you're very kind.

I have always had long very thick hair down past my butt so this "short" haircut is really a change for me..and you know men, they don't LIKE change at home. 

I always read about your work, Eileen ..I used to do the advertising layouts and artwork for SEARS CANADA so I can understand some of the trials and tribulations that you go thru at work *s*. Thiose last minute changes rush in just after the page has gone to press.

Derek should be home soon from his BOUNCER job at the club...no snow tonight but he may have to salt all the ice again.  It has been sunny today but a viscious bitter cold wind cut right thru my winter coat!

Patricia R.
on 3/26/11 5:55 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Nancy,
I think your haircut sounds easy to care for.  My sis-in-law has short curly hair, and all she has to do is wa**** and run her fingers through it, and it is done.  I have to blow dry with a round brush, bent over so my hair gets lots of body in it.  I envy you.  Your husband sounds like a harsh critic.  Your trip sounds like it should be fun.  I hope you have a good time.

Sunday will be nothing exciting.  I might make it to church, if the post-op foot pain is not too great.  I am not in pain when I keep it elevated, but walking is not fun.  Thank God it is not excruciating, and I can walk my Shiba Inu, Utley. 

I also have some cleaning to do.  Nothing exciting, just some dusting, vaccuuming and blah, blah, blah.

I  hope everyone has a good day.  Hopefully, the sun will come out and chase the winter temps away soon. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nancy B
on 3/26/11 6:18 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

oh yes, Tri**** used to take me over an hour to wash, rinse and condition my long hair so THIS length will surely be alot easier to handle. I just told the girl that I did NOT want OLD LADY hair..I wanted it to be BOUNCY and swingy.  I even grow my own highlights...snow white!

And yes, JB IS pretty tough and speaks his mind. I have learned to choose my battles.

Our fur-babies really make life joyful, don't they? Hopefully you will heal quickly but so take care of yourself and take the time to sit down and keep it elevated.

*hugs*

Nancy B

carlak
on 3/26/11 7:55 pm - Bradenton, FL
 nancy B when you get to Naples I am only about an hour and a half from there. Monica and I will drive down for lunch or something like that. I am in the bradenton Sarasota area. The weather is to dye for here right now not cold like it was a few weeks ago. 
Ill be around. Im not traveling till May.
Carla My cell is 303 726 1802. 
image hosting site

Nancy B
on 3/28/11 12:54 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Thank you, Carla!  I will try to do that...I'd LOVE to meet up with you both! It just depends on the weather, where we go..and when we are there..but if the timing is right, I WILL call you!

Monica B.
on 3/26/11 8:25 pm - Emery, SD
Yes change is hard...but bouncy, light, wispy, quick & go hair seems to describe you women. I have thick curly hair and really love keeping it short and sassy. JB (my hubby's initials too) loves long hair, but he loves my hair cut his barber here in Sarasota gave me.
You are always so busy, focused & giving that I let myself get intimated by all you do and all I don't do. But that is the makeup of being individuals. I know that without WLS 7 years ago I wouldn't be living in an RV.
Your trip sounds delightful, enjoy the process leading up to it.
Hugs, Monica

Candygirl
on 3/26/11 10:26 pm - Somewhere in, NY
Monica

I've seen your short, sassy "do".  It's perfect for you, and I envy you the ease of upkeep.  That barber knew exactly what to do to bring out the best in it.  Wish I could find someone to work with my thin, curly, unruly head of hair.  It just wants to frizz if it's raining three states away....

Candy

Nancy B
on 3/28/11 1:00 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Dear Monica....did I tell you that is my Mom's name too?...

Anyways, thank you for all your kind words but I am just me..I have all my own issues to deal with...lol...I struggle daily with my weight...I'm an emotional eater..that never did change. And so I feel like such a failture...likely is the underlying reason of why I post so rarely. I am so ashamed of me for not being as successful as the rest of you...so see? Not here to make anyone feel intimidated, hun.

I am SO impressed at how wonderfully you are doing staying sober all this time...I am also so very proud of you! *hugs*

Well I'd better get back to packing..last laundry is in the dryer...I have everything sorted out and will stuff my suitcase in the morning..JB wants to LEAVE at 7:30 am..YIKES! I am so NOT a morning person!  I'd better get my butt in gear!

Nancy B

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 378 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1177 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1184 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1122 views