SUNNY SUNDAY! (wishful thinking?)- what's happenin'?

Margo M.
on 3/27/11 12:31 am - Elyria, OH
morning! i have lots to say today after reading the wonderful thread however i am back on the comp with the bad keys-and i need to get my butt in gear-i painted all that i could yesterday and when i went to bed last nite everything that could hurt did---i came back here against my judement as i should have stayed there and worked on other projects-instead i sat in the chair for 10 minutes then went to bed!roxie was sure happy to have me "home".....

i need to get back there-tomorrow i work and school and we are under a deadline to get outta here-tues and wed could be solid moving days---problem i have is moving back into the overcrowded trailer-i need summer just to breathe!wish debbie  was here to supervise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love and hugs and prayers.....not sure when i'll get back on for a few days....

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Connie D.
on 3/27/11 1:10 am
Good morning Nancy and everyone.....

Nancy....you are just amazing....wow you do so much in one day!
As for your hair I bet it is sassy and very sexy....that is probably more the reason your hubby doesn't like it. More men will notice!!  Tell your hubby to grow his hair long and when he does then you will. His turn!!

Not much for me today....was going to go out last night and developed a cold sore....I never get those things. Guess God wanted me to stay home. I won't go out to meet new people with this thing on my lip!!  ANY IDEA AS TO HOW TO GET RID OF IT?????

My daughter is going to highlight my hair today....it needs it....looking dull and boring....need more sass!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone. Prayers going up for many.

Love and hugs to all..........connie d
poegirl100
on 3/27/11 1:38 am - Cibolo, TX
Good morning all!  I'm here in Waco visiting my oldest daughter for the weekend.  I brought my mom with me for this trip.  She's 82.  I got a little tickled reading about mom and daughter relationships this morning.  Yes, my mom drives me bats.  I'm sure I drive my daughter bats.  It just seems to be a thing that moms and daughters do.  But what I notice is that while my mom might (and often does) criticize ME, she won't criticize her granddaughter.  I guess it skips a generation!

So, this is my first trip since my surgery and I'm finding it harder to manage than I expected.  We've been out to eat 3 times now. VERY difficult for me to find things I can order off the menu.  It's not that I want to eat what my mom and daughter are eating.  It's that I can't seem to find good, plain food on the menu that I can eat.  I haven't really faced this before now, since I've mostly been eating out of my own kitchen.

Also, we went to Target last night, and Holy Cow!  The Easter candy is everywhere.  I've been so fortunate not to have craved sweets at all since surgery.  And I wasn't exactly craving candy last night either.  But the HABIT to buy candy at Easter is so INGRAINED in me--I never realized it before!  All those lovely pastel colored bags of candy were just everywhere.  I didn't quite know how to handle it!  Of course, I didn't buy any or eat any.  But the IMPULSE to do so was just so strong.  It really took me by surprise.

Well, better close.  One more day here in Waco, and then we're off to San Antonio tomorrow to visit my youngest daughter and grandson.  Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Vickie

Vickie 

Monica B.
on 3/27/11 4:56 am - Emery, SD
Eating out even after 7 yrs is still difficult. The other night with Candy & Carla I got two different appetizers and they were just the perfect meal for me.
Breakfast food works well any time of day. Tuna without dressing is good too. Soup, not creamy and chilli in a few weeks might work well for you too. None greasy fish with lemon to moisten, soft beef well chewed. Don't set yourself up for failure.
Easter candy is dangerous. Pretty to look at, toxic to eat. Bagful of gems are colorful and pretty, but you can't expect to buy them each time you visit a store SO YOU DON'T.
If the loss of the candy makes you sad, find something else special to get. Pretty panties to greet your hubby home with. A jewel encrusted diary, a beautiful pen, books, plates, start a Pandora charm bracelet to mark your milestones, credible, long lasting items to give you satisfaction and cement the knowledge you have TAKEN BACK YOUR LIFE from the hold food had on it.
And thats all I'm going to say about that. Hugs, Monica

poegirl100
on 3/27/11 2:19 pm - Cibolo, TX
Just FYI--today we ate lunch at Souper Salad, and it was "just right"!  I had little bits of turkey, ham, hard boiled egg, cottage cheese, and a cup of vegetable soup.  I've just got to get smarter about where and how to eat out, that's all.

And, oh, Monica, I LOVED your suggestions for replacing candy!  I don't want the candy--truly.  I just wanted to buy it like I always have before.  Only I couldn't it, and it shook me up a bit.  But trust me, I am so happy to have laid that burden down.  I never want to have to struggle over whether or not to eat an entire bag of chocolate again!

Night all!

Vickie 

Vickie 

susandoeshair
on 3/27/11 3:05 am - Alexander, AR
Hi Nancy and my fellow OFFer's!

Really quick fly by today to pop in and say hi. Glad to hear so many are doing well, and hope that those who aren't are able to get things turned around soon!  You're all so dear to me, I feel badly when I can't get here like I'd love to. Been super busy redoing my bathroom and I'm SUPER pleased with the way it came out. Gary's throwing me a bit of a birthday bash, so he's cleaned, cleaned and then cleaned some more. What a guy!

I've been reading every day, just not a lot of extra time to post, but I am thinking of all of you!

Love and hugs!

Susan

karen C.
on 3/28/11 10:44 pm - Kennewick, WA
Happy belated birthday my friend!

Karen C

seasheleyes
on 3/27/11 6:23 am - Manteca, CA
Hi All,
I chose this color to represent my new Spring day.... our rain is gone, the wispy clouds are flying away, and the mud has begun to dry. We have a prediction of 74 degrees by Wednesday! Our new dog Penny gets her last shots o Thursday so we will all be at the doggy park by next Saturday I'm predicting! I can't wait! It's one of my favorite things to do!
Last night I went to a 40th birthday party...it was for one of my Bunco friends. I had two drinks- a half of a Margarita and a Corona with lime. And I danced the night away. Thank goodness women dance without their men now. So many men were standing on the sidelines as we danced our hearts out! I sure do feel my age as far as my preferences in music though. I can dance to anything, but I would have LOVED having the disc jockey play Beatles or other 60-70 music versus rap and contemporary. I'm coming up on 60- most of the party goers were 30-50. But this was a celebration for me too... maybe every party from now on will be... I had a rough year, but I'm still so happy- no cancer, just back pain... YEAH! Actually my back seems to be even better this month. I may never completely heal, but I can do what I want to do.
Today I'm going to go and find some baby's breath and greenery to add to my daffodils for a few bouquets. I also need to do a bit of cleaning.
Speaking of Moms- mine was never much of a criticizer. I do have issues with her, but she has always been non-judgemental, probably more non-judgemental than I am... I think the hardest thing between my Mom and I had to be the lack of communication. She has been hard-of-hearing since she was 16 and it made talking difficult, especially the heart-to-heart kinds of talks that my daughter and I share. Now that my Mom is 85 and starting to lose pieces of her memory it is getting even more difficult. Aging is definitely not for sissies!
Happy Sunday! It's a beautiful day!
Julia
karen C.
on 3/28/11 10:42 pm - Kennewick, WA
Happy travels Nancy! I'd love to be doing the gulf coast with you! I love this being able to check past posts to catch up on what I've missed!

Karen C

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1130 views