18 month check-up today

theelopers
on 4/7/11 10:17 am - Glendale, AZ
1.  No soups...not filling enough, not enough protein, hidden calories (even in homemade). Soup doesn't stay with long enuf to stay satisfied. Told him we were SOUP eaters in the winter...chili, beef stew, bean soup. If gonna eat soup must be EXTRA CHUNKY and eat all protein from dish FIRST.

2.  Minimum of 30 minutes of cardio THREE days a week plus walking every day.

3.  Need to increase my Vitamin D3 to 2000 a day.

4.  NO NIGHT TIME SNACKS!  YIKES!!!!!!  I admitted to him I have been eating at night and he said...ut oh.  "I want you to wean off that...eat more solid foods later for supper and stop night time eating".  He said 1/2 a protein bar twice a day was a good filler but nothing TWO-THREE hours before bed time.

His scales said I gained 2.5 pounds since my October visit.  I told him that winter is BAD for me...hard to get motivated, want to go to bed early, no get up and go.  He said I have to FIND SOMETHING to get me through the winter.  It doesn't matter what I have to do something!  He said at this point it's all about food choices, food intakes and exercise.

HW: 336      BW:323     CW:265     GW:180

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!

Theresa C.

Debbiejean
on 4/7/11 10:02 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Hugs Theresa and I can't believe it's been 18 months all ready.

Okay, Winter is hard on all of us, especially the further out we get.
It you are a night time snacker and aren't we all?????? Hell yes!
So plan on evening snacks and you can't just stop a big change in your eating habits like a snap of your fingers! I love Dr. V but he is natural thin, so I'm going to give you a few suggestions.

Low calorie snacks that might satisfy you...and never reach for your trigger foods. By now you know what foods will set you off and might lose control.
1. I love V-8 juice heated up in the winter, seems like if I have something warm it helps me.
2. SF pudding or jello
3. Need to chew? Dill pickle or baby carrots

Now exercise is a must but if you don't belong to the gym, that's okay but we have to move.
Do arm circles, leg lifts and squats and walking is the best exercise for us. Now that the weather is better it's great walking.

2.5 weight gain is no bigger...just think of it as having to have a big poop! LOL
You are not a failure by any means, you are normal. But now is the time to get a grip and take charge of your life. Call me if you want Theresa, you have my number. Know you are not alone. I think of you often and am rooting for you. Great big hugs Debbie
theelopers
on 4/7/11 10:36 pm, edited 4/7/11 10:36 pm - Glendale, AZ
Thanks Debbie! Thanks for the vote of confidence! I knew winter would be bad, always has been and always will be...just need to re-evaluate what I am doing and make the changes.

I know that he is THIN! hehe Skinny minny is what comes to mind. ;)

I love sweet tea in the winter months...so yesterday I bought some Stevia to use instead of sugar. Guess what? Not bad! hehe Should have thought of that before huh?

I think I'll reach for 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese in the evening...it will be protein and should take off the edge...when I need it. Bought two of those too! One for work and one for home. I have been doing a lot of popcorn in the evenings! I think it's more comfort eating than anything else. Need to step up my game and find something else to fill me rather than food. This is usually only a winter thing though so we shall see as spring comes and rolls into summer!

I do walk at work daily and use the stairs to the 2nd floor where my office is rather than the elevator (at least four times a day). DH and I walked last night but only 0.6 miles as it was COLD! Will need to bundle up a little more if going to walk yet.

BTW - they gave me an invite while I was there yesterday!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 372 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1170 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1178 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1118 views