A decision on plastics

lynnc99
on 4/13/11 1:13 am
I've done some investigating now that I am almost 2 years out from my WLS. The practice I went to has 2 docs, one of whom specializes in facial work and the other specializes in body work (as in tummy tucks, not automotive!).

While I could use the tummy tuck for sure, I have decided to get a little work done on my face first. The wobbly jowls and saggy neck bother me more than the belly most days. (Because, after all, most days I do have clothes on.) I think this will go a long way on sharpening up my self image and making me feel as if I look better. Who knew what was going to be left when I lost the fat face and neck!

Financially it's best to divide these by a year or so, so I went ahead and scheduled the "macs" lift for May 17. This is a type of lift that does not affect the facial nerves, and heals much faster. It is done with just twilight sleep like a colonoscopy, and that appealed to me too. (Not looking forward to general anesthesia for a tummy tuck, for sure - I just don't like being put under.) Full recovery in a week.

So...that's my story!

Debbiejean
on 4/13/11 1:48 am - Shelbyville, MI
Good luck on your surgery May 17th.

I'm not into plastics, can't afford it but sure to root on others that want and can afford plastics.
For me if I started...where do I stop? LOL Good thing I have "positive energy" and have made myself really look in the mirror daily...naked! I have learned to embrace my shar-pai thighs, saggy boobies and wrinkled butt!! Hubby loves me just the way I am and even more important I love me! Oh yeah...and my "angel wings" (I refuse to call them bat wings)

You will look great after your surgery. It will improve your self image. Then just keep looking forward and soon you will have your tummy tuck! Go girl...love yourself right now and embrace your new "you" as you emerge from plastics...just like a butterfly I tell my friends who have had plastics. They have all done well from surgery and it really did help their self image. May 17th will be here before you know it!! Remember to always look forward...never back. You are on path to wellness...Go....I'm rooting you on!! Whhoooooooo!!!
lynnc99
on 4/13/11 4:48 am
Debbie, I am as sure as I can be that I will NOT become the next Joan Rivers when it comes to plastics!
Debbiejean
on 4/13/11 10:13 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Now that made me giggle!

Just knowing ourselves, what will make us feel better about ourselves...and yep, plastics is a plus especially with a good doctor. No one needs to look like these strange women in Hollywood. Some of those women are scary looking, not natural at all. People that can't express themselves with their face, no wrinkles and always the same expression. A good doctor will tell you what you need and how he/she will proceed. Hugs Debbie
lynnc99
on 4/14/11 4:04 am
My doctor describes his work as "a nice Pennsylvania style lift."

He then went on to tell what was WRONG with Dr. Oz's eyebrows and Kenny Rogers' total look.

Eileen Briesch
on 4/13/11 5:00 am - Evansville, IN
Go for it. I thought about having the tummy tuck mostly because the excess skin kinda pulled down on my back. But instead, I went ahead and had a knee replacement ... bad decision, because it made my life worse,not better. I'm in more pain now than before the knee replacement (followed by a revision, which didn't help, either). So now I'm leery of any surgery. Just my opinion.

I was fortunate I lost kinda slowly so I wasn't left with a lot of saggy skin in the face ... it had time to catch up there. It's every where else it's saggy but I don't care.

Good luck to you ... hope it helps. Whatever works.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 378 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1177 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1184 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!