Whats Up for Wednesday??

Nancy B
on 5/11/11 5:59 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Dear Julia:

I am sending my strongest energies for courage, stamina and grounding.  You have a huge burden to carry and don't I know all about that.  Families are a diverse source of experiences that help us learn and grow. If you look at these challenges from that perspective, it does help to keep us from feeling like victims and more as particpants in a "classroom" of evolving into a better and wiser being.

The most important point that I need to remind you of is to take care of YOURSELF!  That is not being selfish but being vital to your own sanity, physical and emotional health.  Without that, you can not be of any service to anyone else.

If you have time, please google EFT - Emotional Freedom technique.  This is a form of accupressure...tapping on specific points of the body to stimulate physical and emotional healing.  These are the same points that are stimulated in accuPUNCTURE. THIS WORKS!!!  Gary Craig, recently retired, started this technique and taught people all over the world and it truly does work.  I used EFT to lower my pain, stress and negative thoughts, not to mention HOT FLASHES!

If you have any spiritual leanings, ask ArchAngel Uriel to assist you in balancing your emotions and help you deal with the pressures that you are under.

*hugs*

Nancy B

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
VNARN
on 5/11/11 4:17 am - Desert Hot Springs, CA
Monica, congratulations on the sobriety and glad you are feeling better.  Vickie, congratulations on the 45 pounds.  What an accomplishment!

Julia, I am sorry you are having to go through all of this.  MediCal certainly insists on many hoops to jump through.  Maybe if you have a heart to heart with SIL and let her know that your stress level is through the roof and you will do what you can do when you can do it, she might understand what she is asking of you.

I went to Kaiser today and gave them many bodily substances to test and also had a CXR and an EKG.  This leaves only the gallbladder ultrasound and the echocardiogram left.  They are scheduled for this Sunday and the next Sunday.  I still think it is strange that they do these tests on Sunday, but hey!, I don't have to take time off from work.  After all that is done, I let the nurse at preventative medicine know it is all done.  She will keep an eye out for the results and if everything is okay, will schedule me for a surgeon.
Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 5/11/11 6:42 am - Green Valley, AZ
Sharon,
  Glad you are being able to mark off things that must be done. Hope things move swiftly for you.  Mag

Eileen Briesch
on 5/11/11 5:41 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Monica and my OFF family:

Sorry you weren't feeling well. I had a rough night sleeping ... or not sleeping, rather. Just couldn't go to sleep. Back hurt, then I had the itchies. And nothing was working. Finally got out of bed and watched a couple shows on my DVR, had some Sleepytime extra tea ... thought I was ready to go to sleep then ... but no. So I finished off the final Jean Auel book (my review: OK, but not her best effort; it rambled, it repeated, she didn't seem to have a plot at all). Finally dozed off at 7 a.m., woke up at 10:30, went back to sleep and got up finally after 12:30 p.m. So glad I have today off because I'm not in the mood to move. Don't even feel like doing laundry, but I guess I should.

Anyway, not much else going on ... low key day, will get out of jammies soon so I can do laundry and get the mail. Have a good one.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 5/11/11 6:57 am - Green Valley, AZ
Eileen,
  Sorry about your sleepless night. I know how frustrating it is. I forget to try tea. I'll have to remember next time I have trouble.  Take care,  Mag

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 5/11/11 6:23 am - Green Valley, AZ
Dear Monica,  190 day!! You are amazing!! I had trouble with alcohol when I was younger. So I stopped for many, many years. Got to the point in the last 10 years of having a few drinks a year (mostly in the summer.) Noticed it was increasing last summer and quit. With all the info on problems w/ alcohol post WLS  and your story, I have vowed to never take a post-op drink. Thank you for being my inspiration.
   Sorry you have been feeling under the weather. Prayers for a speedy recovery. Animals often show us extra love when we are sick or sad. It's amazing.
   I have 1000s of photos on my computer. Really, I don't need 200 pics of mt niece in labor and delivery. First baby of course. Guess I'll get busy and erase away. That should help speed up my computer. 
As ever,  Mag

Monica B.
on 5/11/11 7:03 am - Emery, SD
Mag, until I began going through the various "albums" I couldn't believe the #### of duplicate photo's I had and just plain bad pic. When you had to have film developed and it cost $$, one used discretion on taking a pic. Not with digital and me. So I have begun slowly and carefully deleting pics. Scary stuff, but liberating. After I have gone through the "scuttle the boat" process, I will try and consolidate and then burn to a CD. Wishing you a good time.

Connie D.
on 5/11/11 8:50 am
Good evening Monica and everyone....

Crazy day today.....we definitely need to get a new home for one of these dog.....my allergies are awful and they are so rowdy all day long. I can't hardly take it anymore. My daughter agrees. Won't give it to just anyone and not to a shelter either. We want to be sure she will be cared for and loved.

Hope all is well with everyone. I couldn't check in earlier. Our Internet  service was out again all day. More calls....more rotten service!!  Time to look into something else.

Need to go for now....dinner to make.

Prayers, love and hugs to all......connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 378 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1176 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1183 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1122 views