Manic Monday What's New?

Laureen S.
on 5/23/11 4:44 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Afternoon Trish, OFFr's,

Had some things to take care of and now I finally get a chance to chime in. . .  hope things work out for you Trish with re the interview. . .

It was a nice thing reading about Connie's grandson Nic graduating, that is absolutely terrific, so what will he be going to college for?  I'm sure with his spirit and determination, he can accomplish great things.

Julia, sorry to read about your Mom losing time and all that you must be going through and then add two badly behaving *****es, sheesh, maybe you need the Dog Whisperer to come and help those two dogs learn their roles in the pack ;)  Wishing your last week of school to be relatively easy and try to take some time off before you begin the Estate Sale.  You need some time. . .

Me, I had an alright weekend, saw Tony on Saturday, we just kind of hung out, went to breakfast, took Roxie next door to meet the new Great Dane and play with the two of them, it is kind of funny, because Roxie is used to being the big dog and she was not in that crowd, the younger of the two Danes (Lex) is 7 months old, black and what a beautiful, rambunctious fellow, the other, Cabo, is about 18 months old a little more mellow, they played nicely though, after that we went to Champs for lunch, came home and watched some television, after Tony left I worked on my music project, loading all my cds on my new laptop (well new in that I got it in January) and then uploading them on Itunes so that I could transfer them to the Nano that my friend Owen had given me, what a project, I still have about 25 cds to load, but I did load over 800 songs so far and even managed to upload them onto my Nano, pretty cool, though one of the reasons I did not want Apple stuff is just what I had to go through to do what I did a whole lot simpler on my old MP3 player, but it was a gift and now that it is done, I just need upload what's left and anything new I add to it.  One day, I do hope to be able to get a 64 gig Apple Touch, especially now that everything is almost uploaded, but that will be a while.  In between the project I went to my Women's AA meeting and yesterday I attended a wonderful home support group for post-WLSr's who are not newbies, people further along struggling with regain issues, it was a good group of people I have met along the way.   Had a difficult time getting to sleep last night, so today I am tired, working until 6 and after that, home to hang with the Roxie girl and then to bed.

Wishing you all the best possible of all days, hope that no one on here has anyone affected by that Tornado in Missouri, prayers for those people suffering losses as a result of that devastation.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

seasheleyes
on 5/23/11 12:33 pm - Manteca, CA
You are SO right- they are two BADLY BEHAVED *****ES!
Connie D.
on 5/23/11 10:13 am
Hello Trish and everyone....

Just a quick Hello....been a very busy day with Miss Grace!!

Prayers for many in need.

Love and hugs to all....connie d
Karen S.
on 5/23/11 10:42 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha Trish and all of you wonderful OFF sisters/brothers. I am a lurker for sure, but sometimes just have to pop in and catch up because I do love this group, and how much support is given to each other during our highs and lows.

Monica, how excellent to read each day your accumulating days of being alcohol free....that is so beyond excellent, and a new chapter in your life that changes everything! I am proud of you, too!

Welcome to the newcomers.....it is so lovely to see new people begining their journey and share their progress with all of us oldtimers. I know it keeps me on the straight and narrow, although at almost 5 years out from surgery, I allow myself a lot of "treats" as long as the scale doesn't jump up and slap me in the face one morning......THEN I have to cut out my treats and get back to apple/peanut butter, or dried apricots, cooked oatmeal with blueberries and other goodies. So far I have managed to stay within my barriers of 165 to 180..........having once gotten down to 152 whichwas WAY to low for me, and I looked frail and unhealthy. (I am 5'11" tall)

I'm still checking the newborns's hearing at the hospitals most mornings and that gives me much satisfaction. What little dolls these babies are and they give my soul a jumpstart each day. I try to say a little prayer over each baby that his/her life will be filled with love and that this baby will spread love wherever he/she goes in life.

Life is good. Gratitude is my attitude. I am so proud to be a functioning member of OFF and to no longer be carrying around 165 extra pounds that slow me down, keep me in bondage, and drag my mind, body, soul and spirit into the doldrums.

My wish for all of you is that you find peace, serenity and a new life as your weight goes down, down, down.

Good luck and keep following your rules, and sharing your ups and downs right here. You never know what your words and experiences will be the magic that is needed for a fellows sister/brother will need that day to leap over a challenge that is keeping someone back.

Thank you all for another day of freedom in my body, mind and spirit. You are all amazing!!!

Aloha nui loa,

Maui Karen

Laureen S.
on 5/23/11 11:53 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hugs to my Maui Sistah, you've been missed, sounds like life is being good to you. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1130 views