OT: Poolside musings

Monica B.
on 6/8/11 5:31 am - Emery, SD
"Mommy" yells child, Mom yells "What", wish I had said "Yes, I am here" instead. Can I delete 35 yrs of "what" and replace it "Yes, I am here" Deep thoughts I had at pool today. Watching and listening to parents around the pool enlightening.
So many children find it amazing that I can read a paperback book in the pool. The giggles we share about this. Most of the kids are so respectful of "my" space, I tell them have fun, the book will dry if it gets wet. 2 boys have repeatedly tried to get me very wet. They around 10 yrs old and bully some of the younger boys and 2 girls especially. Never see their parents or guardians around. So I stare them down and "follow" them when they run away from me...am I bullying them back?

grammylew
on 6/8/11 9:04 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Monica, you need to start your own blog. Your posts are so interesting and insightful!
Same kinda thing happened at a playground in Okinawa while we were visiting our son and his family. Those 2 little snots were not intimidated by my stares or requests for their parent's names. When our son showed up one day, they gave up their names and our son talked to the parents. The meanies were there even ****ier the next day. After our son went to the Dad's command we didn't see them again. This was a playground where kids weren't even supposed to be there unsupervised. Many times I was the only adult!!

Grammylew in Jax

Debbiejean
on 6/8/11 9:47 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Nope Monica you are not a bully! LOL
You are being a "momma bear" to children are in need of a little protection. Thank God for wonderful adults *****ach out to children that require some assistance.
We need to take that time to mentor aggressive children and we have them. They bully on the Internet and in school and if no one steps up to the plate to offer some guidance and how to behave in public well...I say get involved. I say Kudo's to you Monica.

You also are making a difference to the young kids who are being picked on. They will remember you. You keep giving those boys your "Monica stare". I'm proud to call you my friend!
Patricia R.
on 6/8/11 9:54 pm - Perry, MI
Monica,
Keep up the good work of kicking butt at the pool.  Little snots need a butt kicking. 

I was bullied as a child for years at school.  It was not fun.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1116 views