9 days Post-Op and seeing/feeling changes

Kristi N.
on 8/6/11 3:04 am - NC
My wls was 7/28, discharged from the hospital on 7/30. Had "buyer's remorse" until around last Tuesday. What had I done to my poor bruised belly!?! Until I noticed my size 22 sundresses falling off of me. They have since gone into the give-away bag. I dug out some soft pull on pants that aren't too snug on my stitches.

I'm seeing a difference in my face. I keep looking at myself noticing small subtle changes. I'm puzzled and curious. 

Before I left the hospital, I was weighed at 229.2. I stepped on the scales at home and am now down to 207.4. It's exciting and encouraging to see the numbers go down. I do believe that most of that loss is from surgery bloat, but I'll take a loss anyway I can get it.

It's getting easier to get around. Went shopping with a very dear friend on Thursday. Temps in the 100's but we stayed hydrated. She had rny 8/09 and is a great cheerleader. Can't wait to get my stitches out on Tuesday. Hoping to go back to work on Weds.

Looking forward to seeing more changes and being able to start a more aggresive exercise program. Bought a used Bowflex

I've noticed changes in my bathroom habits TMI! But I went from having massive stomach cramps and 6-8 bm's each morning before work to 1x every few days. Also, not up and down all night to tinkle.

Anyway, from all the great advise and inspiration from all of you, I feel that everything I am experiencing is pretty normal and on track.

Another day half done and looking forward to the next.
HW 244lbs SW 232lbs CW 148lbs GW 125-130lbs                     
Eileen Briesch
on 8/6/11 4:19 am - Evansville, IN
Welcome to the losers' bench! You will notice more and more changes as you progress. I saw the most changes in my face first. Then my boobs, then my butt. My Aunt Bernice made the observation one night when we were out to dinner that I had a skinny butt now. She said it very nicely with a giggle. Aunt Bernice (she's now gone, but she was 91 when she left, and had lived a good life, beat ovarian cancer at 60), was my favorite aunt, my dad's sister and such a tough old broad. She was a character and such a supporter of me having this surgery.

Expect some gas ... get some GasEx, you won't regret it. Don't be surprised at a lot of emotions early on because estrogen is stored in fat, and as you lose, it is expelled, so you'll feel extremely moody. And expect some fatigue too.

Keep yourself hydrated, especially in this heat.

Enjoy the journey ... it's quite a ride.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Eliza55
on 8/6/11 7:43 am - PA

You're doing great!  It's a good time to have the summer clothes getting too big - fall is coming!

Congrats, and make some room for me on the loser's bench!

Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Kristi N.
on 8/6/11 8:33 am - NC
Thanks for the cheers! The gas is not bad now at all, but happens only occasionally. We're starting to plaan our trip to Disney World Sept 2012. I'm already picutring myself in smaller clothes, a cute swimsuit, and having an easier time walking. Life is good! Hormones and moodiness...I'll be watching out for that...

Eliza, congrats! You are only a few days away from joining "US"! I am so happy to be on the Loser's Bench. Please be aware, and dont get discouraged, each person's experience is different. My friend was up and walking a couple hours after surgery, while I couldn't focus my eyes or stand without nausea until the next morning. You may have a very easy time of it, but don't be ashamed if you need extra time or help. Better not to fall and cause undue injury on top of the surgery. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Kristi
cindibarre
on 8/6/11 9:42 am - Danforth, ME
Kristi-

I was wondering if you had your surgery since I hadn't seen you online recently.  I had my surgery on Aug.1 and was discharged on Aug.3. 

I too had buyer's regret the first two days or rather "what the hell have I done" but I'm getting away from that.

Keep up the good work and stay an inspiration for me.

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
Kristi N.
on 8/6/11 11:11 am - NC
Hi Cindi! Great to hear from you. Honestly, it has been hard to sit up at the computer desk because of the staples and tenderness. I knew you were going to have yours right after mine and was thinking about you.

We are both on the downhill slide now Good for us and those whoe come after us! Are you getting your protein, fluids, and vitamins all in? I'm having a hard time, but forcing myself because I want this to work.

I'll check back tomorrow. Have a great night and try to get some rest.

Hugs,
Kristi
Connie D.
on 8/6/11 11:36 am
Hello Kris.....sounds like everything is right on track. Congrats on the surgery and making it to the Loser's Bench!!!

Keep following your doctors orders....keep exercising and drinking tha****er!!! You will start melting away!!

Hugs....connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 387 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1188 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1197 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1133 views