Hurting

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 9/1/11 2:40 am - Green Valley, AZ
Hi everyone.

I'm in need of some prayers and good thoughts. I fell today and landed on my knees. My bad knee is really so painful I can't move it without screaming. I can't believe how swollen it is already. My friend is on her way to get my walker out of the car and then I need vicodin in me asap. Can't move it to the right or left. Can't lift it forward unless I support it (while I'm sitting.) Can not bring it anywhere near a 90 degree angle. oh. My left foot is tingling. Pins        and needles type thing.

Canceled my lunch date, my supper date, and no way I can go swimming this morning as planned. I will ice it as soon as I have my walker.

Hope everyone is having a better day then mine appears to be.   Hugs Mag

poegirl100
on 9/1/11 3:31 am - Cibolo, TX
Oh, Mag!  No, no, no--I hope you are not seriously hurt!  Wish I lived close enough to come right over and help you.  Where is your sister today?  I hope your friend gets there soon.  Do you need to go to the doctor?  Sounds like maybe yes!

I was going to call you today about the clothes, but I'll wait.  I don't think you can discuss it right now. 

Prayers going up for you, sweet friend!

Vickie 

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 9/1/11 9:59 am - Green Valley, AZ
Vickie,
   Thanks for the reply. I'm in Indiana. 1,800 miles from home.  I don't know if I can find a doctor who will see me. I don't want to go to the ER because I was just there due to low blood sugars that I couldn't get to stay up. I'll probably end up in the ER if I can't sleep tonight I'll keep everyone posted.   Mag   

Laureen S.
on 9/1/11 4:49 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Mag,

You really ought to have a doctor check it out, with what you are describing, it sounds like you could have really done some damage. . .  whatever you do, please be careful and I hope it is not serious.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 9/1/11 10:02 am - Green Valley, AZ
Thanks for your concern. I'm in Indiana with no doctor here. Will go to the ER tomorrow if I can't sleep or it's not improved by morning.  Mag

Patricia R.
on 9/1/11 5:16 am - Perry, MI
Oh Mag,
I will definitely pray for you.  I also echo what has been said already, call your doctor and get it checked out as soon as possible.  Also, ice it.  I like to use a frozen bag of peas for an ice pack on knees and ankles, because it conforms to the shape of the leg.  Ask the doc if you should get an MRI or X-ray, because it could be more than just broken bones.  It could be torn cartilege.  I have had to have knee surgery because of a torn miniscus, which hurt like the devil.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 9/1/11 10:09 am - Green Valley, AZ
Thanks so much. Looks like I'll go to the ER tomorrow. That's about my only option avaiable. It hasn't improved at all today. Even with the vicodin on board.   Will let you know how it goes.,   Mag

Judy G.
on 9/1/11 5:20 am - Galion, OH

Mag...hope that by now you have had that leg/knee looked at!!!! Sounds like you should if you haven't yet!!! Sounds serious enough to get it looked at in my opinion. I would not wait another minute if I were you...so sorry that this happened!!!! Prayers that nothing serious is wrong but please get it looked at ASAP please!!!

HUGS

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 9/1/11 10:19 am, edited 9/1/11 10:20 am - Green Valley, AZ
Judy, I know I should have it looked at asap, but Maryann has had her grandson all day They were at her son's house and when she can home with Ollie I didn't want to interupt their fun. They are playing at the park. She is also going to babysit him tomorrow too. I am here for Kelly's wedding on Saturday. Ollie's nanny is the mother-of-the- bride.  Tell you more  tomorrow. Mag

Nancy H.
on 9/1/11 5:29 am - Traverse City, MI
Mag I agree with everyone else, please have it checked out!!!
Hope you feel better soon, Nan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1116 views