Monday morning coming down. What's new in your world?

karen C.
on 9/4/11 6:26 pm, edited 9/4/11 6:28 pm - Kennewick, WA
Up for a pain pill and a drink. Back in a flash!

Karen C

karen C.
on 9/4/11 6:51 pm, edited 9/4/11 6:52 pm - Kennewick, WA

Good Morning Everyone,

Almost 2 weeks post op with the medial thigh lift. I'm getting better every day. It's still painful getting up and down, difficult issues getting dressed, keeping self clean after toileting (going through tons of baby wipes) and legs touching each other is very uncomfortable. But all in all, life is good.

Yesterday I felt well enough to go for a short ride with Mike. I sure hate being dependent and can't wait til I can drive. I'm cutting back on pain meds. No problem with me becoming addicted tho I can understand how someone in cronic pain could.  Difficulties in going to the bathroom and not being able to drive are enough to get me "weaned" sooner than later.

We stopped at a produce stand and bought 3 Walla2 sweet onions and 3 Red Haven peaches.. . . $7.50! Ouch. I will slowly relish each bite of those peaches.

Today our local ValueVillage and St. Vincents have their Labor Day sale which is usually the one where summer shorts etc are 1/2 off. Mike has lost 80 lbs in the past  1.5 yrs and is doing agreat job of staying within a 5 lb range.

Drinking very little beer is helping that effort plus really helping with life here on the homefront. A beer is never just a beer. I understand as I used to do the same thing with food; as I think about it, food addiction affects other family members too doesn't it? So we'll look for him several pair of shorts for next summer.

I still haven't tried on my tighter capris. Those I've bought and saved for "post" thigh lift. I still am up almost 3 lbs pre surgery. So I should be losing those 3 plus the 8 lbs of fat and skin that were removed. I'll wait until next week to try them on. The upper area looks so much better without the two hanging sacks of loose skin on the upper inner thighs.

About those "big girl undies" that we frequently tell each other to put on. Well, I dug through my drawer and found a couple of old, loose, soft ones. (white of course) Yesterday I was able to put them on and be comfortable. I have 12 in*****isions or more from knee to groin and then about 8 inches right below "pantie elastic line" areafrom groin to outside of each thigh.My outfit unless I'm leaving the house. consists of night shirt, big girl undies, and soft cotton loose exercise shorts to the knee.

Think I'd better ramp up my "in public" view this afternoon as we're invited to my brother and sis in law's for an early backyard picnic. Pain pills take away my appetite but I'll so enjoy being out of the house.

Can't think of much else. Could really enjoy crafting bookmarks, making aprons, or other sewing projects, but the only comfortable sitting position is tilting back which doesn't work well for those projects. Hopefully in a few days that will be better too.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Karen C

poegirl100
on 9/5/11 12:08 am - Cibolo, TX
Oh, Karen, you are one brave woman!  So proud of you and your determination to recover and enjoy the results of your surgery.  Can't wait to see a picture of you in those capris!

Your journey to reclaim your life and your body is inspiring, remarkable, and (let's be honest), just a wee bit horrifying!  Ugh--I don't know if I want PS or not!  I know sometimes it is medically necessary.  And sometimes it's worth going through it to recover one's quality of life.  But it certainly isn't "elective" surgery for the fun of it!  My hat's off to you, sweetie! 

Vickie 

Pat R.
on 9/5/11 4:52 am - Sturgis, MI
From one extreme to another here in Michigan -- today the temps are only in the mid 60's .....but a welcome relief from those 90 deg. days.

Had a nice time at my sister's yesterday ....think we are all set for our trip next weekend.  Problem, she had grilled ribs and chicken -- I didn't eat much, but evidently didn't chew it good enough as I was sick all evening and into the night.   The Kemminator pouch is still touchy today. 

Guess I jinxed myself by saying anything about the guy friend......I talked with him Saturday morning online, and haven't heard a word from him since, despite my sending him a couple messages.  Don't know what I did wrong, but it sure hurts to get dumped so quickly.   I'm having a hard time dealing with it -- I haven't even wanted to get into the dating scene for the last 10 years, and when I finally meet someone that I really like, and he seemed to really like me too, it all falls apart.    Just my luck!

Finishing up back stitching one of the baby bibs today, and resting up for a busy week.

Have a nice labor day,
Pat r.
Eileen Briesch
on 9/5/11 5:03 am - Evansville, IN
Pat, it was nothing you did or said ... it's him. This is exactly what happened to me with a couple of guys I met online. We'd go out for one date, I thought all went well, we had a good rapport, and then they'd never contact me again. Some guys are just jerks. So I gave up.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

karen C.
on 9/5/11 5:44 am - Kennewick, WA

Pat, Who knows. . .Maybe he wasn't ready for more than email and phone for right now. Sometimes face to face takes a lot of courage. Don't let this scare you away.

Karen C

Laureen S.
on 9/5/11 11:01 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Pat,

I did online dating on and off for a long time (over 4 years) and mostly I met men that were not all that interested in a real relationship and then one day, I met someone I really hit it off with, and Tony and I have been dating going on 4 years now.  It takes time and patience and understanding and developing a tough skin so as not to take the rejection part too seriously, as in "what did I do".  . .  as has been said, it probably had nothing to do with you.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 9/4/11 9:45 pm - Perry, MI

Good Morning Karen and OFF to follow,

So glad you are feeling well enough to wean off the pain meds.  I am one with chronic pain, and I am addicted and can't take them.  It is a tough addiction to kick.

Sunday, I was sick with a sinus infection and called the doc and got an antibiotic.  I slept on the couch most of the afternoon, and was in bed by 7:00.  I did not even eat supper, as I had no appetite.

Today has me recuperating with the sinus infection, and cleaning up the kitchen.  It is still not put away entirely from unpacking.  I will feel more sane if it is done.  I also want to unpack some of my clothes, and get them put away.

I also need to get to an AA meeting.  I have not been to one in a few days and need the sanity I get from attending them.

Hugs,
Trish 

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

poegirl100
on 9/5/11 12:10 am - Cibolo, TX
Trish, you be good to you today!  You had a very stressful move.  Sorry you felt sick yesterday.  Hope today and this week are better for you.

Vickie 

grammylew
on 9/4/11 10:27 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
Well, today is the last day of vacation for many. Our YOUNGEST grandchild is a high school freshman this year!! How did that happen? All of the others still in school have already started. Our son and DIL finish their little beach getaway tomorrow. (they are actually only about 45 minutes from home) Then back to work. Our youngest NC grandson came back yesterday and spent the night here. He has a school paper due tomorrow, plus his summer project that is also due tomorrow. He did the paper yesterday and will finish the project today. Has any male child you have known ever done a school project or paper early? The dogs go home tomorrow, too.
Pinned and half cut out the fairy Halloween costume yesterday. The back makes me take my time with that process. Once the cutting is done, the sewing speeds right along!
It looks like Katia is going out to sea! Yeah!! But Lee has made an impression and not a good one. I am still worried about Kristi. She lives out where the worst of Irene hit, I think.
Karen, glad you are progressing well. You are lucky to have good support at home. That is a big key!
Everyone have a fantabulous day!

Grammylew in Jax

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 372 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1170 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1178 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1118 views