Monday, the start of a new week/plan

susandoeshair
on 11/13/11 9:17 pm - Alexander, AR
Good morning!

So, it's a new week, and hopefully, we'll start out with a new attitude and plan. I think the scale is starting to inch it's way down, don't want to go dancing in the streets just yet, but there's a glimmer of hope this morning.

Speaking of PLAN, with the Holidays coming up on us like a bullet, I think it's time for all of us to think, really think about how we're going to handle social situations which can derail our efforts. Just because it's a holiday (or your birthday...ahem), doesn't mean you have an E ticket to ride the calorie roller coaster!!!!! Food at family gatherings is always the same, hence tradition. You know that Aunt Martha, God love her, is going to bring that amazing pecan pie again this year, and will torture you with pleadings of "just one bite isn't going to hurt you, Dear".  Well, YES Aunt Martha, your damn pie IS going to hurt me, either physically (dumping) or mentally.

So, let's map out a plan now for the upcoming weeks of temptations. Everybody and their brothers bring treats and goodies to the salon. I've decided I'm not going to eat anything that comes from an unknown kitchen. Who knows the cleanliness of other peoples prep areas? Do they wash their hands? Cross contaminate counter tops with raw meat?  AGHHHHHH!  If I look at it from this standpoint instead of treats being "not on my diet" perhaps I'll be stronger and better able to avoid them.

Here's what I"m planning for today:

protein coffee
latte

greek yogurt

veggie beef soup. Thankfully, the last of it!

protein bar

Southwest pork stew.

mini bag popcorn.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Have a grand day. And let's chime in on how YOU are going to handle the holidays

Susan

Laureen S.
on 11/13/11 9:47 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Susan,

Yes it is always good to have a plan when any social occasion surrounding food (what social occasions aren't?) takes place.  However, as you pointed out, the holidays are notoriously a dangerous place for those of us with that pull towards what inevitably can become a 5 lbs. weight gain.  My plan is to not go hungry and when the time comes to eat, ask for a small plate and make sure I see the bottom of it even while it contains food items on it and those food items I will likely choose will be protein and whatever else is healthy first, for if I have that stuff first, it leaves little room for the other tempting items that surround me.  If it is a buffet style party, to walk around and see what food is there and to make decisions on what I will put on my plate, ie, a spread of turkey, beef and fish, I will choose the fish option first and look for a good veggie or salad option and not load that up with butter/dressing.  Stuffing the turkey?  A spoonful is a tasty amount and no one ever got fat from a taste, it's when the tasting becomes 2nds, 3rds and on.  Also, social occasions are for socializing, so engage people in conversations about things other than the food on their plates. . .  if at a family gathering, get up and clean off the table when appropriate, just to get yourself away from the food, that is something I do, of course not while others are still eating, but as soon as it is appropriate.

My plan for today is:

Cottage cheese with salsa and a small piece of my homemade banana nut bread

S:  Bosch pear and some almonds

L:  Mac n Cheese made with dreamfields pasta, l/f cheese and 1% milk

S:  Yogurt or my buffalo blue chicken dip with celery

D:  Brocolli rabe sausage with peppers and onions

S:  If I have one, it will be either of the two things I did not have mid-afternoon

I will try to stick with this plan, I did not have a good weekend foodwise, wasn't horrible either, but I ate out breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and yesterday I got up, got busy cleaning and doing errands, did not eat breakfast until lunchtime and while it was not a horrible day, I just felt like I was off, I do much better during the work week.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Connie D.
on 11/14/11 12:54 am
Hello Susan and others....

YESTERDAY......

B-High Protein Drink
L- 3 oz. tuna and 6 wheat crackers
D- 4 oz. meatloaf, 1/4 c. squash and 1/4 medium baked potato

S-banana
    3 pieces of taffy (almost gone now!!)

HUGS....connie d
lightswitch
on 11/14/11 9:47 am

My food day sucked!

No breakfast nor snack.  No time

Lunch--3 oz of chicken breast and 1/4 cup of diced tomatoes.

S: No snack

D:beans 1/2 cup

I just got home and it's almost 8, so no snack..I'm just eating my beans.  

Like I said, bad food day. 

susandoeshair
on 11/14/11 9:49 am - Alexander, AR
Ys like this just happen sometimes. Tomorrow will be better, I'm sure

Susan

Debbiejean
on 11/14/11 10:33 am - Shelbyville, MI
Breakfast: 5 chips with cheese
Lunch: McDouble cheeseburger, only ate half
Dinner: 4 oz beef, half portion of mashed potatoes/gravy
Snack: apple
Snack: Pistachio's nuts
If I get hungry later, I'll eat another apple or tomato juice.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 401 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1208 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1212 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1150 views