What's up? Monday Morning Politics Free Zone. . . .

Monica B.
on 1/23/12 3:14 am - Emery, SD
Oh I would love to meet you and Mike....hugging you who helped me regain my life would be so wonderful.
Being from the East, I need to realize over and over how BIG our western states are.  We will rent a car and drive to Bozeman, not too much sight seeing b/w here and there.Our son Angus has a 2 bedroom apartment and we can bring Yoda with us. So we are planning on being out west for 2 months. Leaving here in late July or August for the fall fishing. From Bozeman we can travel west, south, and north. Planning underway.and we realize we must be realistic as to what we MUST see and what we would LIKE to see.
I would like to meander back to Florida and try and see some of the middle of our country. East and Gulf coasts explored, but the middle is still unknown and we want to taste it too.
Any tips on where we should carve out time would be welcomed.

grammylew
on 1/22/12 8:15 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
Man, am I tired of politics. Can't turn on the TV without getting bombarded, don't really need any more.
Our DIL got home yesterday from their trip to MO. Our grandson met with the baseball coach. He saw Dust's video. His team is full for the 2013 season, but did encorage Dust to try out as a walk on. If he doesn't make the cut, the coach will see that he gets a position working at the field. Kinda like an internship.
Our weather has turned around, again! All week we will be in the high 60's and low 70's. No complaints from me!
Our daughter is starting a new diet. Lose 28 pounds in 28 days! She won't tell me what it is til I get out there in Feb and she knows if it is something that works and she can stick to!
My son-in-law called yesterday to talk about all the genealogy info he got passed from his Gramma to his aunt to him. My daughter said only another genealogy obsessed whacko would understand how excited he is. That would be me!
Prayers for all in need. Happy thoughts to everyone.
Have a fantabulous Monday!

Grammylew in Jax

lightswitch
on 1/22/12 8:30 pm

Grammylew,

My husband is a genology freak as well.  He spends hours doing research online and when we travel he hits every freaking' library and every freaking cemetary that he thinks may have some information to help build his past and mine.  He loves hearing the stories from the old ones who are left but he does say that most of the stories only have a hint of truth, but that hint of truth can make or break a line.  So, I know what you mean about those who are into geneaology being excited about pieces of information.  

karen C.
on 1/22/12 11:04 pm - Kennewick, WA
I knew I liked Kenny when I met him; takes one (headhunter) to know one! We could probably drive you out of your scull in a few hours.

Karen C

karen C.
on 1/22/12 11:02 pm - Kennewick, WA
Carolyn, I'm an avid "head hunter" too. I just connected with a "Cox" cousin on genforum.com. We've been having a great time sharing info and putting our heads together to solve some mysteries. I have several ancesters who were in NC in the late 1700s and early to mid 1800s. Haven't been there yet but sure home to some time in the not so distant future.

Karen C

karen C.
on 1/22/12 11:11 pm - Kennewick, WA
Sounds like most of us are bit tired of politicking already. Just saying that it's nice to have a place where we don't have to hear about it. I just ignore the political stuff on here. We are all entitled to our own opinions. I absolutely DETEST the phone calls right at meal time or on the weekend that want a "few minutes of my time" and then proceed to ask me who I would vote for at this moment. I tell them it's none of their business and to not call back!

Karen C

karen C.
on 1/22/12 11:39 pm - Kennewick, WA
Off to work at the alternative high school which I love!

Karen C

Musicmama88
on 1/22/12 11:59 pm - Danville, IN
Good morning everyone! Thanks for the non political forum, I am sick of it too. And if I get over zealous with my Christianity online, please dont hesitate to tell me , ok? I am a preachers wife and pray a lot, but try not to preach online unless asked. So, if I cross the line, just scoot me back,,

Kare, I would love a trip to Hawaii, but sure dont see it in the near future. Hubby did win an all expense paid trip to Puerto Rico six years ago, to an all inclusive Resort on Coco Beach. Oh my goodness,,we were so spoiled and pampered. I loved it. Would love to go back. We toured old San Juan and shopped a bit.

Laureen, How do you play this game Words with Friends? I hear everyone talking about it,,and wanna play, I love any kind of word game.
Ive been looking at new recipes too. I bought the Biggest Loser Cookbook and there were some great ones in there, and surprisingly they dont take a lot of ingredients we usually dont have, its all pretty simple stuff. Hubby and I are starting on some of em today.

Monica- YAAAAY for you girl!! I am so proud of you too!! You are a strong woman!Where are you going in Montana? I just got back from there. Its beautiful country, and so are the Dakotas. We took a lot of pictures of the badlands.  They were breathtaking.

Grammylew, my son is into the geneology stuff as well. He keeps the rest of us up on it all by making copies of what he finds. I recently connected with some of my long lost neices and nephews on Facebook and some of them are into it as well. It gets really interesting.

Well, my plans for the day are none too glamorous. Laundry and cleaning,,the usual Monday fare. Its really windy here, I can hear it blowing. The temp is in the forties though, a far cry from Friday and Saturday. But thats Indiana weather.

Everyone have a great day
Blessings
Betsy
"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Eileen Briesch
on 1/23/12 4:33 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Karen and my OFF family:

Getting sleepy here and need a nap before work. Worked a little later ... had to close out the paper and make sure there were no big mistakes. This morning, I was up early so I could take Juliette to the vet ...she has all these red itchy bumps on her skin and they're spreading. This started just before the move and got worse once I switched litter. The vet ... nice guy, I really liked him ... seems to think it's an allergy related either to food or the litter. He thinks the litter is the first thing to check. Then we may have to check food.

So she got a shot and hopefully that will help, and Wednesday , I change litter to something less dusty. I don't like it either.

Anyway, I'm going to nap. I moved furniture around yesterday and today, I moved it back because I didn't like it. So now I'm tired.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

carlak
on 1/23/12 6:40 am - Bradenton, FL
Hi I am in Denver till Monday shoiting the vreeze wit my friends. I guess I had to come and get my instant dose of cold.
Carl is home taking care of Bentley and Tevia.
I am gkad we r keeping politics out if the mix here. I hate politics! It bores me.
sorry for the typos but I got a new tablet and the jeyboard wont ket me do corrections without doing the whole post over and over .
Prayers are out for anyone that need them Carla
image hosting site

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 376 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1174 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1183 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1121 views