Hi...new to the forum

Finallyfit54
on 5/26/12 5:56 am
Hi all,
I'm new to this board.  54 and having VSG on July 9th.  Ready to move into the next phase of life with less weight slowing me down.  Already exercising more, in fact I'm even learning to swim.  Have the ocassional yikes is this really going to be okay moments but for the most part I'm ready to get going.  Testing out new brands of vitamins to see what I'll like...you know the usual (I assume) preop stuff.  Glad to discover this forum in addition to VSG.

Patricia R.
on 5/26/12 7:52 am - Perry, MI
Hi and welcome.  

We are a loving group, at various stages in this journey.  We share our joys and sorrows, and encourage each other to follow our diet and exercise programs.

I am Trish,  divorced, mother of three wonderful grown kids, and grandmother of three beautiful Munchkins.  I am retired, on disability, from teaching in Philadelphia, PA.  

I hope you will join us on our daily threads so we can get to know you.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Finallyfit54
on 5/27/12 9:12 am
Hi Trish,
Thanks for the welcome.  You folks are a warm lot.  I will be reading and posting so we get to know each other from afar.  I'm the mom of 2 boys 27 & 18.  No grands yet, but I live in hope.  Oh, and a hubby of 32 years!
See you around the forum,
Paula

Connie D.
on 5/26/12 9:58 am

Good evening and Welcome to OFF!!

We are always happy to have new members. We are all at different stages and try to help each other as much as possible.

Pull up a chair, grab a cool drink, and jump right in!! We will help you out in any way we can.

We don't do the whole drama thing on this board. We are people that care deeply about one another and share many aspects of our lives. What is said her stays here!!

I hope to see a lot more of you in the future. Congrats on making a life saving decision!! 

HUGS......connie d

Finallyfit54
on 5/27/12 9:20 am
Hi Connie,
Thanks for the welcome.  I like this forum already!! Have a good week.
Paula

mermaidoz
on 5/26/12 1:19 pm - Canada
Welcome...there are more passive readers than posters here, but we are friendly and non judgemental as compared to other sites on OH...maybe age makes us more mellow...Any questions, do ask here as well as on the VSG Forum...(things are slower and kinder here!)
Finallyfit54
on 5/27/12 9:23 am
Hi,
I appreciate the welcome.  I enjoy the "mellow flow" here.  Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Paula

grammylew
on 5/26/12 2:08 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Hi, nice to meet you. There is always room for one more. We try to be supportive in all aspects of our lives.
Congratulations on your WLS decision. We all know it will change your life forever. Almost assuredly in a very positive way! We are interested in keeping up with your progress. So feel free to share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with.
I am 64, married almost 47 years, mother of three, grandmother of 6 and soon to be great gramma to one. I had a lap band for 2 years, lost 125 pounds and loved my band. Had a total unfill, spent 2 years being filled and unfilled trying to get back to my sweet spot. That led to a leak in my port or tubing. I was revised to a sleeve and hate it. I guess I am one of the few that it isn't effective for. So I am struggling with regain and will power for weight loss. Ugh!!

Grammylew in Jax

Finallyfit54
on 5/27/12 9:30 am
Nice to meet you too!  I will keep you posted as I move along my new journey.  Thanks for the support.  I am sorry about all the difficulty you've experienced, but I really admire that you are still hanging in there and fighting the battle. Thanks for your honesty.
Paula

Pkrplyr777
on 5/26/12 9:24 pm - CT

Hello,
I'm one of the passive readers on this forum. I spend more time on the VSG forum.
I'm 51, happily marrierd, mom of grown kids, Nana to one boy.
I had VSG and am very happy with it.
My husband had VSG on same day and he is happy too.
My 26 year old daugter had VSG in March and loves it.
Good luck to you,
donna

HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 379 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1178 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1184 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1123 views