15 Guilt-Free Ways to Enjoy Chocolate!

Debbiejean
on 7/10/12 8:37 am - Shelbyville, MI

15 Guilt-Free Ways to Enjoy Chocolate

Posted: 10 Jul 2012 02:05 AM PDT

Ha! Caught you!!  You couldn't resist looking at a post that was going to let you off the hook for eating something that you wanted to eat anyway!!!

Okay -- let me confess -- this title actually is the name of a post I read (you can read it here, if you want ;)  -- but my point is:

Why should you feel guilty about eating chocolate?  Even that article isn't going to let you off the hook for eating a whole bag of chocolates every day for a month.  And it is unlikely that have 2 or 3 chocolates (even 2 or 3 every day) is going to effect your weight very much.

Here's the deal -- if you want chocolate go have some....but if you're going to commit to the calories, get the exact kind of chocolate you're wanting.  Sit down some place quiet.  As you unwrap it, take time to notice the smell.  Bite into it and notice the texture (no -- just because it comes wrapped as one small unit does not mean it is one bite).  Let it melt a little bit.  Chew it slowly so you have time to taste it.  After you swallow it, take a breath before you take the next bite (as opposed to shoving the rest in because you're already bored with the exercise).

I guarantee -- if you take time to do this:
  • you won't over eat on chocolate
  • there will be no reason to feel guilty when you're done
  • you won't have to EVER substitute Giardelli's for "chocolate" protein powder.

Good trade?  I think so!
Connie D.
on 7/10/12 12:40 pm
LOL...I knew it was somewhat of a joke!!

I agree....a nibble now and then......I only do it once a month maybe! I don't want to start that habit again!!

HUGS....connie d
Nancy B
on 7/10/12 3:22 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

The bottom line is MODERATION! (says I who had been known for eating FAR TOO MUCH chocolate)

The hardest part is acknowledging/knowing WHEN to stop.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
fatfreemama
on 7/10/12 4:02 pm - San Jose, CA
I never feel guilty eating chocolate. It's a choice I make, and I will own it and enjoy every bite. And of course, it has to be the best, though now and then, you've got to have an M&M with peanuts to justify it. Now let me go do 4 miles on the elliptical to pay for it. LOL

But hey, I usually chose chocolate over alcohol pre-surgery because I know where I want my calories from.
Patricia R.
on 7/10/12 8:18 pm - Perry, MI
Debbie,
My surgeon gave me permission to enjoy a few pieces of chocolate each day.  At first the word "few" tripped me up a lot.  But, now I am able to do that.  And, the only way I can eat chocolate is to let it just melt in my mouth.  I can't just chew it.  Of course, sometimes I like chocolate with almonds or peanuts in it.  Then, I can count it as a protein.  Just kidding.

Good post.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 387 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1188 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1197 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1133 views