I'm new also!

Debbie A.
on 7/22/12 6:06 pm, edited 7/22/12 6:07 pm - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12
Hi, <br />
My name is Debbie, I just turned 57 2 days ago. I have 100 lbs to lose. Have arthritis in my back. Have had back surgery, nothing seems to help. I know once I take off some weight it will be easier. I'm nervous, scared and excited all at once. I live in California and having my Rny bypass done in Las Vegas on 8/15. I'm so not looking forward to the airplane ride home 2 days after surgery and then the hour and a half drive home...I'm so glad I found this web site and the young at heart group.

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"

"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

Laureen S.
on 7/22/12 10:57 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hello Debbie and welcome to the Over Fifty Forum of OH, lovingly referred to as the OFF board. . .  You will be amazed at how you will feel less 100 lbs.

If possible travel with a pillow and put it between you and your seat belt, as it will help you.

Best wishes, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Debbie A.
on 7/23/12 3:05 am - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12
I have a feeling on the ride home the pain pills are going to come in handy!

Debbiejean
on 7/22/12 11:13 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Hi Debbie, I'm a Debbie too! Welcome.

Don't stress about your plane ride and ride home in the car. You will have pain pills to get you through, and just keep thinking about how wonderful your new lifestyle change will be!
Hugs
Debbie
carlak
on 7/23/12 1:14 am - Bradenton, FL
Welcome Debbie,
Im Carla and Welcome to the looers bench. I live across the us in florida. Moved here from Denver colorado. I am going again in August for Surgery again for a hernia. Im with you about the flying thing. I am staying a while after my surgery to jeel for a bit. My dr wont let me fly for 2 weeks after my surgery. So Ill have to stay there. I wanted to drive there again but 1900 miles driving again will put me over the edge. I did it in May without ac in my car and it about turned the bank account over the edge!!!!!.
You will loose the 100 pounds in no time. Carla
image hosting site

Debbie A.
on 7/23/12 3:03 am - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12
Can't imagine driving that many miles without surgery and no A/C, wow!

carlak
on 7/23/12 7:41 am - Bradenton, FL
 hi I didnt know I had the hernia before I left home. I went to colorado cause it was hot here and I wanted to spend some time with my gal pals in colorado. What happened was I was driving in Georgia and this stupid truck with an open bed was hauling rocks or something and a rock hit my windshield and then hit my grill and all of a sudden I had no air. I was like 600 miles from home above atlanta. If i would of been like 100 miles from home I would have turned around and went and got my husbands car and call it a day and told him to take care of it!!!!!
I went to see my surgeon when I got to denver. and told him I had this pain. He did a ultrasound and low and behold there it was!!!!! When I decided to do the surgery he was on vacation.....Carl came to Denver and I told him I had a hernia and he said well you have to wait. I said well we can come back after we go to Chicago and he told me no!!!!! So I said well then Ill just go back in august!!!! So I am!!!!! Carla 
image hosting site

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/12 2:49 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Hi Debbie, Glad to meet you. Your surgery is closer than mine. You can tell we were all born in the fifties by the number of Debbie and Debra's here.
Debbie A.
on 7/23/12 3:02 am - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12
Thank you all for the warm welcome! The pillow is a great idea.I'm also going to talk to the airlines.
Ever body loved Debbie Reynolds back then, I'm glad my older sister wanted to name me Debra other wise my dad wanted Clementine!! LOL!

Connie D.
on 7/23/12 3:24 am
Hello Debbie A. and WELCOME to OFF!!!

It is always great to have new members!!!

Congrats on making a life changing decision!! My only regret is that I waited so long to have it!

HUGS.....connie d

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 392 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1196 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1205 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1136 views