It's time (no holiday weight gain)

Debbiejean
on 10/24/12 9:26 am - Shelbyville, MI

It's time

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 01:07 AM PDT

It's time to start thinking about how you want to spend you holidays.  I know, it's only October but that means Thanksgiving is right around the corner and with it, the non-stop eating that comes between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I want this year to be different for you.  No holiday weight gain.  No guilt.  No trying to convince yourself that a few pounds (15 does not count as a few!) doesn't really matter.  It does.  It matters to your health, your energy level, and to how you feel about yourself.

It's time to start paying attention to what you are putting in your mouth.  Every bite.

If it's worth it, eat it and enjoy.  If it's not, throw it out!
Connie D.
on 10/24/12 1:36 pm
Debbie....I have been thinking a lot about this....I need to toughen up!!!

HUGS ans LOVE.....connie d
Debbiejean
on 10/25/12 9:33 am - Shelbyville, MI

Me tooooo Connie! We can toughen up together!

pineview01
on 10/24/12 3:56 pm - Davison, MI
I have gained almost 10 pounds since the band came out.  Really having issues with the hunger and am not sure how I am going to make it thru the holidays.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Debbiejean
on 10/25/12 9:40 am - Shelbyville, MI

You know the old saying of "back to basics?"

Well I say nay. Start practicing Mindful Eating. Leave 3 bites on your plate always, even if your not full.

Keeping weight off is hell. It's not easy and in the end it's all us doing the work once again. The thing is to love yourself. Your more than a number on a scale. Hold your head up high and don't feel like your a failure...ever!

You will make it thru the holidays just like me. I plan on drinking more water especially b/4 I go to parties or family gatherings.

Don't beat yourself up about food. Your probably an emotional eater like most of us, keep posting we will support you.

pineview01
on 10/25/12 4:24 pm - Davison, MI

Thanks for the kind help.  I told the therapist that I was re-learning to drink up to eating like I learned in WW way back.  She said she thought I should still not drink prior eating as it would still wash the food thru.  Not sure what to do any more.  Trying to stay the course on Atkins.  If I get to bad I will go back to induction.  At least then I can eat when hungry and the calories be darn.

Good luck to everyone during the holiday seasons.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 372 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1170 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1178 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1118 views