GREAT SATURDAY MORNING

poegirl100
on 1/30/16 8:20 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning sistas!

The sun is shining and the temps are steadily climbing towards 80F today!  It is a GORGEOUS Saturday morning here.

Today is the day I tackle the attic and the garage.  I have some boards to put up in the attic.  I'm just going to lay them across the rafters.  No great carpentry work involved.  Then I'm going to start moving boxes from the garage to the attic.  I'm determined to at least open up some garage floor space!

I've been looking at the pictures of Carrie's baby shower last night on FB, and oh, I'm so sad that I missed it!  She says everyone understood why I couldn't be there, but it still makes me sad.  Why can't I clone myself???  LOL!  

This evening I'm taking my little family out to dinner at Abel's Diner--a local eatery that has really good home cookin'.  It will be my last night to spend some time with the boys.  I rarely see them during the week.  So I thought it would be nice for us to go out and have a meal together.

Speaking of next week, I was planning to "move" to Waco on Tuesday, but now I think I will have to wait until Wednesday.  (Unless Caralee has other ideas!  LOL!)  I'm expecting a check from the sale of the timber, and Ronald (forester) just texted me this morning that he's mailing it TODAY.  I waited for that sucker all week.  Oh well.  I need to hang out here until I get the check and can deposit it in the bank.  I just hope the baby understands and holds off coming next week.  

SO--I'm rather peeved at the Bug-a-Meister!  I was so relieved last night to think of sleeping all night with NO ticks in the house.  Ha!  As I was getting into bed last night, I looked down to kick off my house shoes and there was a damn tick crawling across my shoe!  UGH!  And I found another one this morning!  I swear, I don't know how we're ever going to get rid of these things.  And of course Bug Man is closed today, so I'll have to wait and call on Monday morning.  

Guess what?  There's another showing scheduled for my lake house today!  Still no feedback on the two showings yesterday, but hey! it's showing and that's the only way to sell it.  Please continue to swing chickens, cross fingers and PRAY! 

Trish and Jeannie--I hope you two gals are doing okay today.  

Well, I have MUCHO MUCHO work to do today.  I'd better get moving.  Love you all!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 1/30/16 11:09 am, edited 1/30/16 6:48 am

Good morning Vickie and everyone.....

Vickie....I hope those boxes aren't too heavy. That is all you would need is to hurt your shoulder or back. Aren't there any teenagers around the neighborhood that you could hire to do that part? 

We are all patiently waiting for Caralee's arrival. I do hope she can hold out until you can get there Wednesday.

Sorry about your Tick problem. That is one good thing about being up here in the cold, the cold kills off the ticks!! I hope the bug guy comes back Monday!! 

As for me..... Jamie called me this morning. Our dog Kippley is very sick. The vet in Ames said they thought it was a liver issue. Thankfully we always like to get a second opinion on things like that. Jamie and Megan took her to an Animal Hospital abut 30 minutes away. They checked her over and said the liver was fine. They are keeping her for the weekend to give her IV's of antibiotics and fluids. She wasn't even keeping water down this morning and her eyes were yellow. Megan has a good friend that works there and she is going to stay with Kippley and watch her closely. My heart just broke when Jamie called. Kippley was my buddy. I hated having to leave her when I left Iowa. I have been feeling so bad that I haven't seen her in so long. I really miss her!! 

I still have my headache and I am still fat!! I am working on trying to get rid of both!! Baby steps!!!

Where is Jeannie, Kathy G, Mary G, Christine, Cindy P, Cindi, Francine, and many more not here. I will keep praying. I hope everyone is okay. I know Cindy P is okay because we text many times a day. So many have told me they are taking a break. I hope that is all it is.

I am so sorry I am not posting much. My pain is really bad these days. Oh well, I have to keep going forward with that too. I do read everyones posts. Somedays I can and somedays I can't. Darn fingers!

Prayers for our special OFF Family and their families.

Loads of love and hugs to all....connie d

poegirl100
on 1/30/16 11:18 am - Cibolo, TX

No worries Connie.  I got all my fall and Christmas decorations up in the attic without any problems. Now I am working my way through some of the boxes in the garage. Long overdue!  The weather is so nice today. I have my music on and I'm just going through one box at a time.  It will be good too donate most of butch's clothes to ARC.  I just wasn't ready to do that earlier but now the time feels right. New year, New start. 

I'm so sorry about kippley. I hope he improves quickly.  How old is he? 

I'm glad to hear from you today. I worry when you can't post but I understand.  Besides if I see you liking things on OFF and FB, I know you're there at least. 

Love you! 

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 1/30/16 4:17 pm, edited 2/1/16 9:27 am

Vickie....I am glad you were able to get the things from the garage in where  yo wanted them.

Kippley is such a special dog to all of us. She is really Jamie's dog. I bought her for Jamie for her birthday. She wanted that dog so bad!! I can guarantee that Kippley is one very loved dog!! She belongs to Jamie, me, Nic and Gracie....we all want her to be with us!! Kippley loves us all!!  I really need to get down there sometime soon. I have been missing her so much!! Kippley will be 8 on May 1st, Carrie's birthday! 

Kippley isn't a very girlie name...but remember she was named after Nic's friend that died of the same cancer Nic has. His name was Andrew Kippley. They used the name Kippley to honor Andrew. 

The vet called awhile ago. Kippley is doing better after the injections, antibiotics and things. They took her out to potty and she was happy and her tail was just wagging!! That is a wonderful change already!!! They will be keeping her longer to monitor her and to beside she gets caught up on liquids. I am sure they will start her eating some tomorrow. Gosh I love that dog!!!!

Thanks for caring so much...I love you....hugs....connie d

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/16 4:15 pm

Hope things go well with you doggie.  It's always hard to see them hurt.

Hope you start feeling better soon as well

Connie D.
on 1/30/16 4:29 pm

Thank you Linda!!!

Our pets are just like our children. We love then and care about them. We never want to see them sick or hurting. It breaks our hearts.

I did update on how Kippley  is doing on Vickie's and Arlene's posts. I don't have the energy to post it again. I know you will understand.

Love and many hugs to you....connie d

ArleneG
on 1/30/16 11:29 am

Hi Vicki and Connie,

Vicki, we are indeed waiting with bated breath for Caralee to make her entrance, but only wen you are with your daughter. I hope Caralee understands and waits. Take it easy with moving boxes. Don't work yourself too hard. I saw your lake house on FB and it is stunning. I hope it sells quickly. About the tics, that is nasty, and I hope the pest control people can get rid of them inside the home. We have the ants here. Between where you live and where I live, it is never cold enough to kill these pests. Take care Vicki. Sending love.

Connie, I hope the dog does well. I understand loving a pet and having them become ill. I have my daughter's dog Jake have had him since 2007. He is now 16 years old and I know I will have to say goodbye to him sooner rather than later. But he has lived a full life. Please don't put yourself down, Connie. Goodness knows we have other people in our lives that do that to us sometimes. You will get where you are going. Take it one step at a time.

Not much here except I am going to the gym now. Have to be ready for the daughter's wedding in May. Cannot wait.

Sending love and prayers to all that stop by. Everyone take care.

Connie D.
on 1/30/16 3:38 pm

Arlene.....thank you so much for the kind words. Jamie just called and the injections and antibiotics are working. Kippley went outside to potty. She was so happy her tail was just wagging!! That is such a huge relief for me and all of us!! We love that dog!!!!

You are right...I have had people putting me down most all my adult life. It is hard to get that turned around. I work on it every day!

I need to get my weight down for my granddaughter's wedding in September.....I need all of your support!!

Love and hugs to you...thanks again....connie d

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/16 4:18 pm

Good luck with the gym.  You have a happy occasion for motivation and several months to be knock out mother of the bride.  Yipee!

carlak
on 1/30/16 12:38 pm - Bradenton, FL

Hi There,

Im not doing much today, been very sleepy, nursing a sore back, since I got back from Denver.

Twelve more days and I'll be a granny nanny for a bit.

I wish I was in Chicago now, it's my son in laws 37 birthday tomorrow. Vinnie baked him a rainbow gluten free cake. 

Its gloomy here so I think rain is in our future!!!

I was

going to get a new Apple computer yesterday but decided to get the Apple IPad pro instead. I got it thru Our Verizon plan. Two of our tablets were up for renewal so I went for it. I have it almost set up. 

Ill travel with the little one and leave the big one at home.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Carla

image hosting site

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 378 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1177 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1184 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!