Hot..hot...hot Wednesday...finally!

Ready2goNOW
on 5/25/16 7:27 am

Good Morning Everyone!

I have been up & ready to go for hours! It was very warm here yesterday & today is expected to be in the 80s. Yoohoo...sunshine & heat...I love it!

I did pretty well yesterday. Only downfall was 1/3 cup of popcorn last nite that put me over my calorie goal. But I stayed away from sweets, walked & drank so much I peed clear...Lol...tmi!

Today I have several goals...already walked 30/minutes before it got too hot, have some gardening & laundry to do...more exercise & office/phone calls. Not a stressful day...hope to walk another 30/tonite.

Hala...I love nuts, but like chips I cannot stop at a regular portion so I just don't bring them in the house. Jeannie, same with crackers...I would eat a whole sleeve with no problem! I don't buy them anymore either. 

I really cannot have slider foods around at all!

Well everyone have a great day!

Kathy

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/25/16 12:14 pm

Because of my specific diet - I can eat nuts and lose weight...though.. I do chose 1-2 weeks every 2-3 months with no nuts...well. almost no nuts... 

Lately I have been eating too many... slider foods -... so maybe I need a week or 5 days with no nuts?..  ugh.. I may still eat some coconut...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lightswitch
on 5/25/16 5:21 pm

Walnuts are very good for you. In fact, the nutritionists that my DH sees for his diabetes said walnuts are one of the best foods that he can eat. She said they are full of protein and other nutritional things we need and are a good energy source.  Plus, they are pure roughage.  I buy the walnuts that are raw and can be found in the baking section of the store and I roast them in my cast iron skillet over high heat stirring constantly until they are toasted just right. I do sprinkle a little olive oil and throw a dash of salt on them.  We put them on our oatmeal and quinoa.

What kind of nuts are you eating?   

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/25/16 6:01 pm, edited 5/25/16 8:59 pm

Love walnuts... but I can only ate a handful of them before nausea sets it. not sure why.  I can eat pecans and almonds, macadamia nuts

and peanuts... though I know peanuts are not really nuts... Love brazil nuts..but ate too many of them... so taking a break.  

I also use hemp seeds, coconuts, and pinenuts... Lots of coconuts...

my "simple recipe for "cookies"- I try to use mostly organic ingrediance... Costco have bunch of them reasonable price..

1. 1 cup almond butter
  2. 3 eggs
  3. 1/2 cup shreded coconut 
  4. 1 tsp baking powder
  5. 1/2 cup coconut milk (the drinkable type )
  6. stevia to taste - I use liquid stevia
  7. sea salt (pinch), flavor...(I use orange- since I am allergic to vanilla)

blend almond butter really well. Blend eggs with other liquids until eggs double in volume.  Blend eggs with almond butter. Mix well.  Mix shredded coconut with baking powder. Add to mixture... The batter may be runny - I use whoopie pie baking sheets, or make shallow muffins...

sometimes I add "fillers" like chopped nuts, frozen berries, or more coconut....to make more "dense cookies".

Bake 15-20 min at 350. longer for larger cookies or "cake like" larger pans. They are natural - so they would mold even when kept in a fridge. 

i typically make 3 x the volume - and freeze the "cookies": for a quick meal.  I dry a bunch of them so I can keep them in a car or my purse. They are like a very hard "biscotti".

Sometimes I add pumpkin and pumpkin spice - to make "pumpkin bread".  

adding more salt, and ground caraway seeds - makes more "bread like" to use for sandwiches...

combinations are endless...

i do love organic froze cranberries -not a lot - a cookie with 2-3 cranberry combines the sweet and tartness...   

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/16 1:21 pm

It is too hot here.  I am having a hard time walking outside.  It's just too humid.  I walked a little over a mile yesterday and I was done.  It was a rather steep trail and I forgot to bring water.  Dumb!!! My heart rate got a little higher than I would like so I rested until it came down. Happened pretty quickly. Then I went back to the car and went home.  That was pretty much my day.

lightswitch
on 5/25/16 5:16 pm

Linda,

It was storming up here today. I dehydrate so quickly that when I walk outside, I carry tha****er with me.  Can you go to the mall and walk?  I do better walking inside...the heat and insects and pollen kill me.

Get rested up and stay hydrated.

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/16 7:11 am

Jeannie

I could walk at the mall or somewhere inside but I love being out in the open.  Its just time to get to Wyoming.  Unfortunately I have another month to go.  I have always suffered greatly in the summer.  Yesterday the temp was 89 with 87 percent humidity.  That just kills me.  My heart rate goes up when I climb inclines but it goes down quickly.  I just needed water and didn't have it.  My fault.  Also the mosquitos were finding me tasty.  For the next month the ymca and the community center may be my source of exercise.

yvonnef1964
on 5/25/16 1:22 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

I got my walk in early and I did my dvd exercise in the house. I did good eating until the middle of the night, I ate couple candy bars but they are gone now so today should be better. I'm having the same as yesterday.

Everyone have a good evening.

Yvonne

lightswitch
on 5/25/16 5:14 pm

Yvonne,

Good the candy is gone. But, don't beat yourself up...this is a process and it's often non-linear but the idea is to get back on track as soon as you can and it looks like you are able to do that.  

seasheleyes
on 5/25/16 2:57 pm - Manteca, CA

I just got back from my card class. My new routine of having. Protein drink for breakfast and having some healthy snacks around is working so far. I lost five pounds last week. I'm off again to go shopping with my daughter...she is very excited about her house and is looking for decor. 

Happy day to all of you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1117 views