I am SO flippin' tired of this hole in my belly!!! (just need to vent)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/20/09 10:35 am - OH
I had my reverse TT the last week in January.  The incision broke down and a large area all along the "t" -- down the center of my belly and under both breasts -- turned necrotic and had to be cut out.  So for the past 3 months I have been cleaning and packing and bandaging this damn thing, and I am still probably another month away from it being closed up.  The skin on some of the rest of my belly is red and sore from the constant taping and re-taping...

I am SICK TO DEATH of this damn thing and of constantly having big bulky bandaging on my belly and constantly tryigg to keep the underwires in my bra from making it hurt.  The amusing part (such as it is) is that my PS is still trying to talk me into a breast reduction... like after THIS experience there's any chance in HELL that I'm going risk having something like this happen in the same area again?!?!?      I think NOT.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

akers123
on 4/20/09 10:42 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
Lora,

Hugs to you sweetheart.  I just wanted to say that I feel for you with the tape.  I know I went 6 weeks with having to tape up the necrosis on my back and boy it hurt like crap.

Hang in there!!
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

justawhisper
on 4/20/09 10:49 am - urbana, OH
Hi Lora,  I am sorry to hear the trouble you are still having.  You have been through quite a bit on this journey,  but I gotta tell you, you really looked GREAT the last shed & share meeting!  I totally understand your frustration though, and I hope it heals quickly.  And I'm with you...tell 'ole doc the boobies are just fine as they are!!!   
Take care,  Judy

Justawhisper
ng
on 4/20/09 12:40 pm - Southwest, LA
sorry for your troubles.  i will pray for you.  good luck!

n
DrL
on 4/20/09 1:19 pm - Houston, TX
Sorry for your frustration...these things heal very slowly, but fortunately the results are usually not lost.

I avoid tape at all costs, and woder if you've heard of Band-Net? It's like a fishnet tube that comes in all sizes and holds bandages in place plus alows wet to dry bandages to breath and dry out.  I used it in burn patients who obviously could not have tape on the skin.

Ask your doc...maybe it could work for you. Hang in there !

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/09 8:30 pm
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/20/09 9:25 pm - OH
Thanks to all for the encouragement and support.  As with all things, some days are better than others and yesterday was one of the "others", LOL.  I just need to keep looking back at the pictures from when he first cut all the necrotic tissue out, I guess, to remind myself how deep it was and how much it has healed.

Lora

shalee04
on 4/21/09 2:29 am - Bakersfield, CA
LOra,  Hang in there is does/will get better. it took my hole 4 months to heal up. I too was soooo sick of the packing and taping process. The tape would  make my skin bleed.   My necrosis was from the bottom of my belly button and went all the way to my right hip along the incision. thankfully it didnt go up the rest of the anchor cut to the boobs.  But I feel for you!!!!

Mine didn't heal right and I am left with a "Butt" looking thing under my belly button down to my mons. and I got some mean scar tissue on my right side. I am going in for a revision on May 5th.  I am scared to death of this happening agan, PS says it most probably wont, but that doesn't make me less scared.

Hang in there!!
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/21/09 3:35 am - OH
Yeah, my PS said if the scar is too bad he will do a scar revision for free, but the idea of him EVER cutting in that area again (even after a good, long time for my body to rejuvenate a bit) terrifies me.  So far the healed areaa loo****not great, but not bad enough to let him cut again), so we'll see when it's all said and done.  I have a hard lump under one side of where the necrosis was the deepest... hopefully it will resolve....?

Thanks for the encouragement.

Lora

Danielle H.
on 4/21/09 2:56 am - Atlanta, GA
I hear you on the tape - its sucks!  I had some blood drawn yesterday and a dang bandaid ripped my skin off!  I'd try what DrL suggested above or maybe some of the stick to itself wrap stuff instead - you can wrap it around your body and then stick it to itself over the bandages instead of taping - and maybe it would provide a place for the bra to hit that wouldn't hurt as badly...I did this when I had bandages around my cut line.

Good luck!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Most Active