basic questions...

sparkles4me
on 10/13/12 12:04 pm - PA
VSG on 03/06/12
Hello... I have lost ninety five lbs... have about thirty left to go.. needless to say I am hanging...    I can deal with most of it... but my arms are really troublesome... I would love a lift..    I would like to know where to go that is board certified and reasonablle... and wondered if there is ANY way to get any insurance coverage.... just starting to think!   any and all guidance appreciated!

sparkles4me     
Crazeru
on 10/13/12 4:10 pm
Insurance wouldn't cover any of my body parts, so I went to Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico.  I had an LBL, BL, arms and sm thigh lift and 4 days later a full neck & face lift.  One recovery period.  We have a group here on OH.  Click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line to learn more.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Kim S.
on 10/16/12 3:04 am - Helena, AL
Insurance wont cover mine.  My insurance covers skin removal post weight loss, but it basically has to be hanging around your feet and tripping you all day long for them to cover it!

Do your homework.  Talk to people in your area-ask your bariatric surgeon for a recommendation.  Remember with arms, you are trading skin for scars.  For some people, that is a worthy tradeoff, for some it isn't. 

I would wait until you are finished losing weight and are stable for a while before doing plastics.  And try to do some weight lifiting to give your arms definition.  I have skin, but I also have a lot of muscle now, and I am satisfied with the way my arms look.

Most Active