Stomaphyx

kristina-b
on 6/22/12 8:22 am - San Francisco, CA
Has anyone heard of the stomaphyx procedure and if so your thoughts?! I'm scheduled in august!

Thanks.
Kristina

heathercross
on 6/22/12 9:18 am - New York, NY
 3 words. WASTE.OF.MONEY.

Told to me but one of the worlds best, Dr Roslin, and also several people who spent money to just have a 3rd revision months later.  Plus, it ain't covered by insurance.
Hislady
on 6/22/12 9:42 am - Vancouver, WA
Have to agree with Heather, haven't heard anything good about it. Well except that the doc gets richer, but it does nothing for the patient. Save your money for a real revision that will actually work for you.
He who can't be Named
on 6/23/12 11:47 am
Insurance won't cover it because it doesn't work. Rose, stomaphyx, plication - all wastes of $$$.

The only weight loss that results, is because you will have to be on liquids for a period of time if you have it, and there is weight loss from that. As soon as you can eat again, the weight comes back.
Some times dingle berries are the lowest hanging fruit.  
kristina-b
on 6/23/12 4:27 pm - San Francisco, CA
Wow thanks for the response ! Oddly enough my insurance is covering it. What is another type of revision?

Thanks Kristina

heathercross
on 6/24/12 12:45 am - New York, NY
Kristina, you can have the following and it kind of "scares" me that your surgeon never discussed any of the REAL revision options but instead "pushed" Stompahpx on you.  Please don't get offended. I am just surprised.

You can do the following:
RNY to RNY revision
RNY to DS
RNY to Band (BOB)

Please educate yourself and see a qualified surgeon who is more interested in your success rather than taking your cash!

TamaraL
on 6/24/12 4:03 am
the problem with the stomaphyx is it is a temporary fix.  MAke sure you do some more research on this procedure online and then talk to your physician about why he thinks this is the best procedure.

Not all dr's do the stomaphyx and the ones that do seem to pu****

Tamara

Most Active