Declined by Dr. Vu Edmonton Bariatric Revision Clinic

Geminidawn
on 1/22/16 10:40 am

Well, I been declined.  I went through months and months of tests, appointments, questions just to meet with the surgeon today to be told he won't do the surgery.  I had a VBG done in 2000 and now the staple line has ruptured and I have 2 holes in my stomach which has enabled me to eat a lot more food and therefore gain all the weight back.  For 11 years the procedure was doing what it was supposed to.  I used it properly and had success in losing 70 lbs, however I am right back to where I started now.  My only option was a revision to the Roux en y bypass however because I don't have diabetes or sleep apnea he won't do the surgery because prevention and a healthy quality of life are not enough of a reason to do it.  I don't know where this guy came from, he's impossible to find online anywhere, I think he's new.  So for anyone going to this clinic for a revision hope you don't get this guy.  What a complete waste of time!

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/16 6:25 am

So very sorry you were declined. Do you have any other choices of places to try and get approved? I'm not sure how this works in Canada. You could always consider a revision in Mexico. I had my surgery there and was very happy with the care I received.

cherries1016
on 1/29/16 4:01 pm
Revision on 02/15/16

Dr Ortiz in Tijuana is AMAZING and sooo knowledgeable!

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/16 9:50 pm
On January 30, 2016 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time, cherries1016 wrote:

Dr Ortiz in Tijuana is AMAZING and sooo knowledgeable!

For major surgery it is far better to find a surgeon in a safer city and one that uses an actual hospital.

Laura in Texas
on 1/23/16 7:09 am

Figure out a plan B. There is always a plan B. Good luck.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

acbbrown
on 1/23/16 4:31 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I can imagine there are reasons that don't have anything to do with you as to why he won't do the surgery. He may not have the experience doing that kind of revision so he's just brushing you off. I mean - from a lay persons opinion it seems obvious that something should be done to fix the problems you have now. 

I hope you can figure out some other options. I don't know if your original surgeon is still around and/or if seeing him is an option but if it were me, I'd check on that  

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Baby1234
on 1/26/16 1:42 am

I was revised from lapband to bypass...very happy.Change doctors...you need a more experienced surgeon.

L. 68
on 1/26/16 12:11 pm

Gemini,

Im a little confused...He(doc) doesn't want to do the surgery or your insurance didnt' APPROVE it.  Which is it, it sounds like he or his coordinators didn't follow up with your insurance properly and no one know what they are talking about.  If i were you i would first find out WHY he says he wont do it and then call my Insurance and follow up on what he submitted (if he did) and why they didn't approve it..

I would also hurry up because if you do get down to the real answer and you are approve hurry up and find a doctor that will do it so that you would not have to let all the appointments and test that you have done go to waste.

Good Luck

Just another hurdle you have to jump but you will get there.

Best

Rblain

L. 68
on 1/26/16 12:13 pm

Gemini,

Im a little confused...He(doc) doesn't want to do the surgery or your insurance didnt' APPROVE it.  Which is it, it sounds like he or his coordinators didn't follow up with your insurance properly and no one know what they are talking about.  If i were you i would first find out WHY he says he wont do it and then call my Insurance and follow up on what he submitted (if he did) and why they didn't approve it..

I would also hurry up because if you do get down to the real answer and you are approve hurry up and find a doctor that will do it so that you would not have to let all the appointments and test that you have done go to waste.

Good Luck

Just another hurdle you have to jump but you will get there.

Best

Rblain

Geminidawn
on 1/26/16 2:23 pm

Hi there, no it has nothing to do with insurance because in Alberta a revision is covered under our Provincial health care plan. The surgeon said he wouldn't do it because the risks outweigh the benefits for me. It doesn't make sense and I am trying to get to the bottom of it. It's so frustrating though. 

Most Active
Recent Topics