My first post op visit

Nessy2976
on 8/24/11 6:27 am - MD
 When I began this journey back in March, I started if for other reasons then most here, I think. I have a case of serious GERD that has now turned to Barrett's Esophagus. So when I went to my first check up I weighed 238....well when he told me my weight may be an issue because he thought I wasn't that overweight I got concerned.  So I ate...lol...right up to the day before suregry and my weight went to 253.  So when I went today for my check up I am back at 239....which is ok with me.  The journey begins for me now   I feel AWESOME!!!!  And I LOVE this GROUP here!!!!
 "Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
Kim H.
on 8/24/11 11:02 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
I also have Barrett's and I'm not happy about it. I'm hoping that in a couple of years when I go in for my endoscopy it will be resolved (or at least improved)...fingers crossed! I have a lot more weight to lose than you but hopefully we will get healthier with each passing month. No cancer for us! Looking forward to hearing about your progress. :)

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
Paula F.
on 8/24/11 11:58 am - Rochester Hills , MI
I also have terrible GERD and that is the biggest reason I chose the RNY over sleeve.  I was already experiencing esophageal changes and that terrified me.  Tried to lose the weight on my own with dr.'s help, but now luck.   Fortunately, all of those visits qualified me for the surgery and I am set to have my procedure on 8/29.  Dr. said RNY is basically an instant cure for GERD.  YIPPEE!  I must also say it has been much improved since giving up carbonation also.
Mama-Z
on 8/24/11 12:50 pm
Nessy- that is awesome for one weeks weightloss!  I have my one week tomorrow.  I'll be happy if I haven't gained from the surgery itself...
Congrats!  :oD

coolcatkimmie
on 8/24/11 3:08 pm - Haughton, LA
YAY!!! Doing the happy dance for you! Can you believe we are at the one week mark??? Crazy! I don't go back to the Dr. till 2 week, so I don't know how much I will have lost. I decided that I am no longer going to weigh myself, I want it to be a surprise when I go to the Dr. and plus if I hit a stall, I will never know! LOLOL Congratulations again!
  Kimberly                     Faith makes things possible, not easy!

50andFabulous
on 8/25/11 4:33 am - TX
I'm glad you are doing well!  I have my first post op visit tomorrow.  I have not been on the scales since the morning of my surgery before i left home.  I'm really anxious to see what the scales say.  My husband says that he can really tell that i've lost quite a bit of weight but i want to be surprised!  You keep up the good work Girl, and we will be here for you!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 486 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 487 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 74 views
Recent Topics