14/16? Are you sure?

Kelly S.
on 9/1/11 12:08 pm - MA
 Spent the day shopping with my MIL and my 3 yr old (best day ever, by the way...so much fun!!). Last stop, my daughter insisted on stopping into Lane Bryant.  Against my better judgment (we were 7 hours into shopping and my kid was starting to lose it.), we went in.  I found 2 shirts on the clearance rack in size 14/16,  With my little one at the end of rope, I didn't have time to try them on.  I figured they'd fit someday, maybe soon.

Well, I tried them on tonight and they were almost too big.  In ALL HONESTY, I feel like they must just be "blousy", or be mismarked.  Could I really wear a 14/16?  I cannot remember the last time I wore a 14/16. Seriously.  I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around this.

I'm sensing another shopping trip so I can try on other things in that size and see who's right ~ my body or my mind :0 lol!

Kim H.
on 9/1/11 12:22 pm - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
Yay! What a treat for you! Imagine what's to come, too! Keep us posted...it's very motivating to read about your success!

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
missjann
on 9/1/11 12:23 pm
That's just the best surprise ever!  Congratulations on your hard work!
    Jan

SweetLilyAnn
on 9/1/11 1:02 pm - TX
BELIEVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats.

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

Twinmom07
on 9/1/11 10:33 pm - NC
Believe it!! I went shopping yesterday myself. Not only can I wear 14/16 at Lane Bryant, I can wear a 16 in regular stores too. Good luck with finding some new clothes in your new size!!

Happy shopping to you. Congrats on your success.

Stephanie M.
on 9/1/11 10:54 pm - Los Angeles, CA
 That is awesome! That is a great feeling, to be going down in sizes! (most my life, I spent time going UP in sizes LOL). Enjoy the feeling of wearing smaller sizes. And try not to buy too many, as they may not fit for long!! 

ladybugnessa
on 9/1/11 10:55 pm - Owings Mills, MD
Congrats!   I still tell myself that these size 6 jeans are cut big...
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Kelly S.
on 9/1/11 11:14 pm - MA
 Thank you, everyone!  I'm working on believing it.  It's just so odd, this feeling.  I have lost weight by dieting in the past and fit into smaller clothes as a result.  I never "didn't believe" that they fit.  I only remember feeling a huge sense of pride and accomplishment.  Why not now?

If I'm honest, I am having a hard time reconciling that *I* am doing this.  My mother in law keeps telling me how great I look and how proud she is of me and I just shake my head.  I don't feel like I've done anything to garner praise.  I just use my tool.  My problem was always portions and willpower. Too much of one and very little of the other ;)  Now I have no choice.

Anyone else feel this way? Better yet, *did* you feel this way at one time and then finally come around to a different feeling (pride) about your weight loss?  If so, how did you get there?

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 9/1/11 11:37 pm
Sounds like this will be one of your last trips to Lane Bryant!
Congrats.

Winnie

neweyeswideopen
on 9/2/11 3:52 am - Cedar Rapids, IA
"To dream, I must imagine pure joy, belive I can achieve perfection, and take pride in a life changing journey" - ME

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views