NSV My guide dog journey

dasie
on 9/22/11 6:04 am
Thank you...another special friend and helper to go along with my little Dasie.

Waysta
on 9/21/11 11:26 pm - TX
That is awesome !!!!  Hope you get the guide dog soon !!!
Slow and steady !!!!  Have a Blessed Day !!!!!!                             
dasie
on 9/22/11 6:03 am
Thank you so much.

wynter57
on 9/22/11 12:55 am - Panama City, FL
Very inspiring Dasie! You are so right that obesity has stolen so much from all of us. For myself I've been an observer of others lives for the past three years and not so much a participant in my own any more but that will change once I get this weight off!

Can't wait to see a picture of your guide dog if you're willing to share! If I were in your situation, I'd love to have a guide dog too.

Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

dasie
on 9/22/11 6:03 am
I look forward to sharing the photo.  We all have a story to tell and much to offer society.  We had that even when we were obese...they just couldn't or wouldn't see it.

Deedles
on 9/22/11 5:04 am - Highlands, TX
What fantastic news! I'm keeping you in my prayers for a swift approval  for the guide dog.

I discover something almost every day that was taken from me by obesity, most taken so slowly I didn't notice it at the time. This surgery has saved me in more ways than one!
Dee ..... ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
My new G.O.A.L. ~~~~ Get Out And Live!

Includes 61lbs lost before surgery

dasie
on 9/22/11 6:01 am
Thanks Dee.  Where have you been?  I've looked for your posts on many occasions.  You look beautiful, and I love your new photo.  I'm going to have to go to your page and see the new photos.  It is true about the things we lose in life due to our weight, and we aren't even aware of.  'Surely this has to  be one of the best decisions we have all made.

Deedles
on 9/22/11 6:28 am - Highlands, TX
Thanks! I still don't recognize myself most days! You know the old story....now that I'm healthy-er I'm usually out and about doing stuff I haven't been able to do for years! I find myself getting antsy if I sit in front of the computer very long, especially during the day. I had my first knee replacement surgery in June and will be having the second done in October. Then watch out world, I'll be on the move!  LOL!
Dee ..... ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
My new G.O.A.L. ~~~~ Get Out And Live!

Includes 61lbs lost before surgery

Hillery82211
on 9/22/11 6:32 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
Congrats on your NSV of using your cane and in taking the steps to obtain a guide dog!!!  I'm sure he/she will be a welcome addition to the family and will help to increase your mobility!!!
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
dasie
on 9/22/11 9:09 pm
She/he will be a great addition.  We are pet crazy in my family.  Thank you for your comment.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 536 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 306 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 368 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 392 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?