My back is really really hurting all the time.

ktharp89
on 9/28/11 5:05 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 For the last month at least my lower right side of my back hurts so bad. It's ususallly after I walk or stand a lot. I know backs can hurt after a lot of weight loss but is there anything wrong? Can I do anything to relieve the pain??
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

bubbylucy
on 9/28/11 5:15 am - Raleigh, NC
As you lose the weight you spine can shift. I am a believer in chiropractors, so if that is something you could do, it would help. If not you could always do certain stretches and soaks in a hot tub or heating pad.

Good luck
Audra

poet_kelly
on 9/28/11 5:33 am - OH
If you figure out how to relieve the pain, let me know, please!

I gotta make an appointment to go get more steroid injections in my back.  This morning it was so bad I could hardly get out of bed.  Vicodin and Flexeril got me moving but it's not easy.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

LaToya S.
on 9/28/11 5:40 am - Edwardsville, IL
Sounds like a reason to treat yourself to a deep tissue massage :-)
I agree with the previous poster in regards to stretches and hot baths
If it continues let your doctor know as well.

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

AddisynsMommy
on 9/28/11 8:49 am - FL
 hope you find something to help you out. Tramadol does nothing for me, flexiril knocks me out so I take it to sleep at night. I have been doing therapy for the last 8weeks with 3 more to go and on the 13th of Oct I am scheduled to have a back epidural, hopefully it works out for me.. if that doesn't they want me back to see a surgeon. I would see your reg doc to make sure there isn't anything serious b/c my old dr. put off me getting a mri and my back is now so jacked up. 
ktharp89
on 9/28/11 8:51 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Tramadol is a **** medicine that does NOTHING!!

I am going to talk to my surgeon next appointment which should be next week.
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh

Susan_U
on 9/28/11 11:25 am - Ontario, CA
For me Tramadol is just plain evil.  It caused me more pain than the pain I was taking it for did!!  Never, never, never, again.  I actually told my PCP that I would hurt him if he ever prescribed it to me again....
immafatgirl
on 9/28/11 12:54 pm - KY
i also have back pain. i thought maybe its the way i sleep. but its becoming more frequent . sometimes soaking in a hot bath with epson salts helps... or like some said try to go fro a deep tissue messgae . there is nothing like a bck ache and who wants to take pain killers all the time . i know i dont . but there has to be something out there to relieve this .. i hope u find what works. and when u do . please tell me . im in need.
ktharp89
on 9/28/11 12:56 pm - Gaithersburg, MD
 I will let you know when/if I find something! I am going to look into seeing a chiropractor. I hope it is covered by my insurance.

flyingwoman
on 9/28/11 10:43 pm
Pain in that area could be caused by a kidney infection or problem. If your urine is particularly dark, cloudy or smells strongly, or if it's accompanied with even a low grade fever, you may want to talk to a doctor.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 279 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 347 views