Now for the big decision....date set

timetoloveme62
on 11/8/11 4:29 am - VA
 They have penciled me in for my surgery on Dec 5th....and now they said its time for me to make the decision between RNY and sleeve.  I just am so confused and I am so full of information that I just don't know how to sort it out anymore.  I believe I am Websters example of OVERWELMED!!!   I really am fearful of making the wrong choice but still leaning towards bypass...   sheesh, the pressure

Rena H.
on 11/8/11 4:40 am
Congrats, I am a December 5th'er too!! I had the same decision as you except it was Lapband verses RNY. I chose RNY hands down. Best of luck in your journey. Looking forward to seeing your updates!

Hugs!
FLJeepGirl
on 11/8/11 4:58 am
I'm a revision from Lapband (surgery 4/11/08); and my only regret is not getting RNY to begin with.  I was so scared of getting my insides "re-arranged" and heard the horror stories (which I now believe are exagerated).  I know EXACTLY how you feel. After months of research,  I actually had my heart set on the Sleeve, but my surgeon told me for a revision and the fact I was not successful with the band (regained all my weight plus 20 pounds and had medical complications), he wouldn't do it.  He said the failure rate was too high on revisions...so that made my decision a lot easier...

Once the decision was made for me I dug further into RNY; lived on the computer for a few weeks seeing the success stories and yes, the failures too...UTube and OH became my two new best friends...

I know you've done your research, but my advise is to make a pros/cons list and see which surgery is best for you...absorb all.  Both positive and negative...I say negative because you always want to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

Good luck with your decision.
                      Leslie
       Lap-Band 4.11.08                                     RNY Revision 8.1.11
       HW 276/ SW 259/ LW 219                       HW 283/ CW 218

dori M.
on 11/8/11 6:11 am - MD
It was hard for me to choose between the sleeve and RNY also. When I started this journey back in April I was dead ser against the RNY but the more i started reading I began to open up to the idea. However, I was still sitting on the fence so when I went to my surgical pre-op I asked my doctor to choose for me and to tell me why he thought one surgery would be a better choice than the other for me.
AidensMum520
on 11/8/11 6:40 am - ME
 I just got my date on the 5th as well!!  I also had a hard time deciding between the two and ended up going with the RNY after discussing pros and cons with my doctor.   Good Luck!!!
 Ashley             
Trish S.
on 11/8/11 8:50 am - Upstate , NY
I'm a December 5th too!!  We are all gonna do soooo great!!!
“I think everyone should be told they’re beautiful until they believe it.?

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 541 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 65 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 542 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 372 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 111 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?