Thinking ahead

westwoodbob
on 12/10/11 6:42 am - Olympia, WA
I had my RNY on 11/30. I lost 30# in prep and an additional 10# since. I am almost sure I am going to have done-lap-disese, that is tummy left hanging over belt. Seeing that tummy tucks are not covered are there specific exercises to target that zone?

Price S.
on 12/10/11 7:27 am - Mills River, NC
tummy tucks aren't covered but Panne removal is if it is documented that it is causing rashes, etc. 

Otherwise, core exercises should help tighten the muscles but do little for the excess skin.  Depending on your history, it may tighten or may not. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/10/11 1:37 pm - OH
 You can tighten the muscles to a certain extent with any number of exercises that work on your abdominal muscles, but NO exercise will cause skin that has been stretched out to shrink back any more than the skin will do on its own, and you cannot "un-grow" the extra skin that was needed to cover your larger surface area.

A panniculectomy is sometimes covered by insurance.  That will remove the excess skin below the belly button, but will not do anything about the excess skin above that area and will not tighten the muscles.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 233 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics