Is this pathetic or am I just tripping?

xtine
on 12/12/11 2:48 pm - San Jose, CA
Had my RNY on 11/29, tomorrow will be 2 weeks post-op and I have lost 9lbs.. I don't want to sound like I'm not grateful for the loss but I am really thinking it is a super slow loss. I feel like I am failing already but I also think it could be my head messing with me.. I was successful in getting 92g of protein in today, and 835cals. Almost all of my water. Any insight?

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/11 3:06 pm - Sudbury, Canada
dont get to discouraged im sure every thing will work out .  are you exercising at all because if you are you might have to increase your calorie intake.  i know it sound weird but my fried is a nutritionist and a lot of people forget that the body goes into starvation mode at 800 calories. so intake must be higher.  if your body is not getting enough calories it will store what it gets as fat.  i am 4 months out a eat about 1400 calories a day and i burn may be 300 and i am losing 4 lbs per week i hope this gives you some insight
dawney
on 12/12/11 4:44 pm
First of all congrats on what you have accomplished.  I'm 3 months out and the first few weeks I only lost 7 pounds.  Right now you are still healing from surgery, so your weight loss is a good thing.  My surgeon told me it would pick up after a month and he was correct.  Make sure you are walking as much as possible, as it sounds like your are doing well with protein, but make sure you check with your surgeons office if you need to. 

Secondly, do not punish yourself like this.  Your journey is just beginning, and you will discover it is quite a pathway, enjoy discovering yourself and your new way of life.
Dawn A Boesch    
_Donna_
on 12/12/11 6:40 pm
You are coming up to that dreaded 3 week stall. It's totally normal for your body to take a couple weeks to readjust to its new way of eating.  Keep doing everything you are doing and the weight will fly off in no time

RNY 5-5-2011

poet_kelly
on 12/12/11 8:23 pm - OH
Yep, it's your head messing with you.  You are afraid of failure, like most of us are, probably because you've failed at losing weight in the past.  Just because you failed at diets, though, doesn't mean you're likely to fail at this.  This is totally, totally different.  Stay off the scake for a couple weeks.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

flyingwoman
on 12/12/11 8:50 pm
You are doing great... just keep up what you are doing.
Tess145
on 12/12/11 8:58 pm - Senatobia, MS
Please stay off the scales.  When I had my surgery, my doctor told me not to weigh for 6 weeks.  I did what I was told and had a 35 lb. loss at the doctor's office when I went back for my check up.  If I had jumped on the scale everyday, I would have probably stressed my way in the other direction.  Be patient with yourself, the weight will come off.  RELAXED....

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

mrslatch
on 12/12/11 9:26 pm - Fort Campbell, KY
You are doing fine! Don't stress and stay off the scale for awhile!
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

Kelly L.
on 12/12/11 11:01 pm - San Jacinto, CA
 I can't get over the 92 g of protein!! Amazing. My first 2 weeks were pretty slow. But by golly the 3rd week things kicked in! By Friday (last week) I was at 6 weeks and down 40 pounds... So, keep doing what your doing. And don't measure your weight loss against anybody else. It will come off!

Now for your protein intake lol... what are you doing? I am only managing 40 to 50 g a day.. :)
So I'm pretty impressed.

HW 274. CW 129

kcooley11
on 12/12/11 11:53 pm - CA
Hey girl..great job! Where are you finding all this protein. I'm struggling to meet the 80g, usually hitting 60-70g. 
The weight will come off, be patient. I'm only a week out & loosing 1-1.5lbs day. I'm sure part of this is swelling still. Hang in there. See you toginght at the meeting.
Kim
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 233 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views