surgery finished, home now but so sleepy...

timetoloveme62
on 12/22/11 3:06 am - VA
Ok, I have made it to the losers bench so....

Is it normal to want to sleep all the time?  I just don't want to do anything, my stomach hurts from the gas build up so I do my walking, walking, and walking but then I just want to lay there.  I want to do all this right, I don't want to regret it but I have to say I am a bit nervous. I don't feel I can even get the liquids in at this time, but this will work out right?  Help from some losers needed???

Melanie
jvan71
on 12/22/11 3:15 am - TN
Rest as much as you need to.  Your body just went through alot and needs the sleep/rest to heal.

I think it was close to a week before I wasn't taking naps during the day anymore.  I'm still tired, but don't feel the need to sleep as much at 2 weeks out.

I kept a bottle of water next to me at all times so that when I did wake up from naps I had my water right there to keep sipping.

For the gas, you may want to try some Gas-X strips along with the walking.  They melt in your mouth so there's nothing to swallow.

It does get better, though!!  I barely have any soreness anymore and it gets better every day.

Good luck!!
Jen
HW: 330   SW 314   CW 262   GW 130      
GotGems
on 12/22/11 4:27 am
Hello, I'm having the same surgery and wanted to know how long you were in the hospital...thx!! dss
jvan71
on 12/22/11 4:45 am - TN
I was in the hospital for 2 nights.  As far as I can tell, most people stay in for 1-2 nights.

Good luck on your surgery!!
Jen
HW: 330   SW 314   CW 262   GW 130      
GotGems
on 12/22/11 5:39 am
Thanks for your answer, I just want to get it done and over with....thx!! Dannie
topaz11
on 12/22/11 3:20 am
I just got home wed night from surgery.   I too was very sleepy.  I took my pain meds, found a quite spot and went to sleep for 10 hrs. feeling much better today walking alot taking in my liquids and vit.  I think our bodies are in sleep deficient from being proded at all hrs of day and the night in the hospital.  All will work out , and we both will have our own rhythms and routines.  Merry Christmas

BWB
on 12/22/11 10:33 am
 The hospital is not the best place to get any rest.  I had some real issues about that.  There was noise from the night nurses and they had no respect for patients who just had surgery.  The whole process is nerve wrecking and we need to recover from the anxiety.  So you should be tired and it is your body's way to tell you to rest.  Hope you will feel better soon. 

LJ1972
on 12/22/11 10:35 am - FL
By all means sleep!! Life will come roaring back at you soon enough

Be sure you are working hard at getting your fluids in... you can count broth, protein shakes, etc.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 261 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 313 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 139 views
Recent Topics