any one else suffer from sleep issues?

timetoloveme62
on 12/25/11 12:46 pm - VA
 I feel tired but yet don't, can't sleep when I go to bed.  I sleep in short intervals at most.  I used to sleep so well but not now....is this just a side effect that will go away?

angelajula
on 12/25/11 1:28 pm - Eldersburg, MD
I'm 3 weeks out and having trouble too. Not when I was in the hospital mind you, but now 5 hrs or less and maybe a nap later. I've been attributing my issues to sudden itchy attacks in the middle of the night, but I'm not sure of that either. I only have the itchy attack after I wake up.
Everybody has one fight. This is mine. ~ Stacie  
O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/25/11 2:48 pm - OH
I'm not sure how far out you are from surgery, but it is common for people to have trouble sleeping at night when they are still taking pain meds and/or otherwise napping during the day.

It is also fairly common for people to have some insomnia when the weight loss starts to result in their energy level going up.  It is temporary, although some people find that they need less sleep in general after losing the weight.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

ntine4
on 12/25/11 9:44 pm
I will be 4 weeks out tomorrow and since having the surgery I have had sleep insomnia for weeks. Everyone says it's your body adjusting. I have taken metlaway unisom because my doctor said i could and trust me just that one night of week of real sleep feels great.

poet_kelly
on 12/26/11 12:29 am - OH
I've had sleep issues as far back as I can remember.  I sympathize but don't have any answers for you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 261 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 313 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 139 views
Recent Topics