The later I stay up the more I want to eat..

xtine
on 1/7/12 3:55 pm - San Jose, CA
UGH!! Night hunger is still an issue for me. I can go all day and be ok and then at night I get hit with the munchies. Wahh.

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

Cankles2Ankles :D
on 1/7/12 4:19 pm - Seattle, WA
RNY on 01/25/12
This is the story of my life! I actually had to put myself to bed, just so I wouldn't eat anymore. Lol. I also try to remind myself that I will be thankful tomorrow.

Can you browse the Internet/OH from bed? I find that this helps me with my night hunger. Refocuses my mind and distracts my belly

takqia1
on 1/7/12 7:42 pm
I work graveyard 12 hour shifts so on my days off I would eat out of control I gained 120lbs in 5 years. Some ideas that may help you is to eat a lot of protein maybe about 7PM and not drin****il 9PM or so. I've used that a couple of times. Also sugar free jello seems to fill me up for a snack r u craving something in paticular? One week a month I need chocolate...lol... I found protein shakes ans calcium chewies that are chocolate that help but also I give me 1 sf chocolate candy during that time.
Try a hobby to keep your mind off of it if its just head hunger I've picked up couponing and quick crafts that keep my mind busy. Good luck hang in there :o)
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/7/12 9:41 pm - OH
 I am 4.5 years out and I still have this problem occasionally (although it HAS gotten better).  It is a habit and the more consistent you are with finding something to distract your brain from eating at those times (and the less you give in and reinforce the habit by eating) the faster you will break it.  If you MUST give in and eat (we all do it sometimes, so there is no shame in that) make sure it is protein rather than carbs... That is not only healthier for you, but will help reinforce the anti-carb-snacking aspect of your new lifestyle.

These behavioral patterns, however, can be very deeply ingrained.  As I said, I am several years out and still sometimes get those late night munchies (especially if all I am doing is watching tv).

Hang in there.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Narissa
on 1/8/12 1:39 am
Me too.  I do everything right during the day.  At night once everyone is sleeping is my downfall.  I know it's a learned behavior and I need to change it.  I'm almost two hears out and this is the major habit I haven't been able to break.
hatda
on 1/8/12 5:53 am - Northern (Sacramento area), CA
Story of my life too.  I just posted about this last week.

I bought some sf popsicles...because i crave sweets at night..  I also load up on dense protein at night so i'm not craving as early.  has worked thus far.

This is a learned behavior and will take will power for all of us who suffer from this; but I am convinced that this behavior can be broken...I am tryig really hard to break that and WIN and not allow it to continue to overtake me.

Good luck
PEACE,   Harriet

I'M NOT FEARFUL OF TRAVELING THE PATH OF THE UNKNOWN...BECAUSE I DEPEND ON GOD TO GUIDE MY FOOTSTEPS.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 238 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 102 views
Recent Topics