OK, I'm going back to work on my dissertation... on Sunday

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/9/12 9:54 am - OH
Thanks to everyone who gave me such support a couple of weeks ago when I was really struggling to continue wokring on the dissertation for my Psychology PhD (even though I have completed all the coursework).

I allowed myself some time to just relax, read a fiction book or two, watch some movies, have some naps, etc. (!) and now I am going to go back to work on it. On Sunday.  I want to finish the new Stephen King book I started (900 pages or some such ridiculous amount, LOL), and my Denver Broncos (miraculously... way to go Tebow!) made it into the second round of the NFL playoffs and they play on Saturday.  So on Sunday I will resume working on it, hoping (but not realistically expecting) to fini**** before my 50th birthday (and 5-year surgiversary the day before) at the end of August.

That does, however, mean less time here...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

wvugal89
on 1/9/12 9:59 am - MD
Your going to inspire me to finish mine!

Teri-Lynn
POI

poet_kelly
on 1/9/12 10:03 am - OH
I'm glad you made a decision about it.  I hope you'll still have some time to be around here.  Good luck.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

april89love
on 1/9/12 10:35 am - NC
We will miss your input, but you need to do this for you!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Libby0218
on 1/9/12 11:06 am - TX
This is great news! I believe your dissertation will be so valuable! I'm glad you have a plan to finish!
SweetGirl11
on 1/9/12 3:27 pm
Hi Lora!

I haven't been on OH much lately so I missed your post a couple of weeks ago.  Congrats on going back to work on your dissertation.  I remember what an undertaking it was for my sister-in-law years ago.  It sounds like a good idea that you gave yourself a time-out to relax and enjoy that 900-page Stephen King book and some football too (GO GIANTS!!!  Sorry, couldn't help myself.... New Yorker here.... LOL).  

How is your pain situation?

Still keeping you in prayer. 

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/10/12 6:18 am - OH
Go Broncos!!!

I have not had a bit of pain since I healed up from the open laparotomy at the end of August. (She found a bunch of scar tissue holding my intestine down and that my intestine was growing INTO the mesh that was put in when I had my hernia repair!  She said it never would have appeared on a CT scan -- the reason no one wanted to do anything surgically -- until it eventually became a complete intestinal blockage!  She freed everything and it has been fine since.)

Good to see you!

Lora

seattledeb
on 1/9/12 4:08 pm, edited 1/10/12 4:09 am
You go for it Doctor Lora. You will make a fine doctor. I'll tell them about how crappy the 5 day pouch test is while you are gone!
You must come visit sometimes though.
Deb T.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/10/12 6:19 am - OH
Thanks for filling in on that one!

I'll be around some... just not nearly as much.

Lora

LJ1972
on 1/10/12 10:44 am - FL
woo hoo go Broncs!!

I am super happy for you ... kind of sad for us though, but we can read your old posts the days you aren't able to drop in. We treasure your input so DO come by when you can.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 263 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 140 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?