When to start vegetables

westwoodbob
on 1/26/12 5:52 am - Olympia, WA
I am coming up on my 8 week aniversary. I was when and what kind of vegetables I can add to my diet. So far with the pre-surgary diet I am down 75# today.

dori M.
on 1/26/12 6:03 am - MD
I started veggies at about 3wks. I lived off of creamed spinach and baked talapia. I gradually started adding in other veggies as long as the were fork tender.
mustangmama
on 1/26/12 6:11 am - TX
RNY on 01/03/12
Wow...that's awesome weight loss!!!  Congratulations.

I'm only 3-weeks out and have eaten the following vegetables without issue: zucchini, squash, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, peas and beans, avocado, asparagus tips, cilantro...and probably a few others that I can't think of off-hand.  I love veggies, but I do get my protein in first.

It's too earlier for me to progress to fresh veggies like carrots and celery, but steamed or roasted veggies are going down fine without any ill side effects.   In another week, my doctor allows me to progress to fresh veggies...kind of nervous about eating a hard carrot.

Keep up the great losses...

westwoodbob
on 1/26/12 6:32 am - Olympia, WA
Thanks for your reply. I was thinking more about raw vegetables such as cucumbers. About two weeks ago I had some cabbage and brocolli in a salad and really got stuck. I don't want to do that again.

Bob

nightof
on 1/26/12 7:36 am
shew broccoli...I'm 3 years out and STILL have problems with broccoli. It's a favorite food, too! Sucks.  Carrots were a big issue for me as well...I think anything fibrous orthat can't be chewed extremely well will be hard to eat.  I suppose unless they are steamed to a mush, haha.
Mia H.
on 1/26/12 9:02 am - OH
 I was cleared for raw or non-soft veggies at 8 weeks.  I was able to eat any kind.  I love them.  I actually craved them during those 8 weeks. 

pattymac65
on 1/26/12 11:48 am
 75 pounds in 8 weeks is AWESOME... congrats!!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 345 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 217 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 375 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?